1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navy to Boot Sailor for Vampire Diaries Sleepover

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/03/04/Sailor_Booted_for_Vampire_Diaries_Sleepover/

2. RaRa

It should be a crime falling asleep to that show... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol I hate Vampire Diaries. I don't see the point in it. To me it's just a another Twilight >_>

#3 Revan, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  4. Beachboi92

I feel like this is stupid unless opposite sex service people in that position would have also received the same punishment...

5. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Mhh, this is interesting. I think they should not be discharged... It is the Navy, sight.

6. Emberstone

I thought the big joke was that the navy ALWAYS was gay.

7. Bibliophile

And why not? I am a senior second class in the Navy and two straight people would get punished just the same. Though I am not sure if they would be kicked they would be at least sent to mast. Sorry though I dont like DADT it is regulation and when you joined you agreed to follow it. I feel no pity for these two. You dont mess around with people at work, you dont sleep with people in any sense of the word in your barracks room, and to appear to do both? Yea you asked for it. they gambled that his roomie would not be back and lost plane and simple.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biblio, perhaps you're right. But it's still a double standard. You said it yourself, they would possibly not be kicked and instead sent to mast, imo, that's pathetic of the Navy. Though what do I expect of the US Military? Sorry if this offends you, but I hate it when there are double-standards based around homosexuality as there always is.

9. Bibliophile

Double standards exists everywhere not just the military. Also these are standards that are clearly out there for you to know about prior to even joining. Don't like it? Don't sign up. Besides these two clearly broke regs with their actions, even if DADT was not in effect they still did something that would get them in trouble. Also like I said two straight people MIGHT still get the same punishment. Frankly they cant be good sailors or their command would bust them a rank and keep em or transfer one after they bust both down.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you said MIGHT. It should be WILL. >_>

11. Bibliophile

Thats not possible when every mast and most separations are at the CO's discretion. They take into account different factors fore example like I said had those to been stellar sailors they would have a good chance of staying in. If a male and female in the same situation they might face the same charges if they had the same track record as these to. Its hard to say why they command is going through the issue of tossing them. Like I said if they were worth keeping most likely they would be held on to.

Yes I know DADT is unfair and I really dont like living under it but it is the rules. I cant fault a CO for enforcing regs. Besides like I said I dont know the total situation for these two but I can say good sailors are held on to.