1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Natural-Born Homophobes?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://blogs.forbes.com/willwilkinson/2011/03/17/natural-born-homophobes/

2. Aya McCabre

Pretty sure there's more evidence for the theory that having gay siblings makes your children more likely to survive, so it's in the parents best interests to have a gay child.

3. yuck. seriously? yuck. "let's just excuse away hatred by saying that it's biological inclination!" like we can't defy our biology at all. like we're just instinctual animals who have no brainpower beyond eating and reproducing.

4. Ridiculous

Gay male swans (that mate with a female then drive her away afterwards to raise them with the two male partners only) have a higher rate of offspring surviving as the two males are more effective at defending them than a male/female partnership. Flamingos do it aswell.
    i.e. birds have more decendants if they are gay. And this DOES have evidence.

5. TheJoker

Same guys made this researched too :lol:
    [​IMG]

6. Emberstone

it still seems to become down to the idea of Enviorment over anything else. Homophobia is a phobia, and phobias are irrational fears. Phobias go beyond normal fear, to be polerizing and debilitating fears... in the case of homophobia, it is socially debilitating.

For example. my greatest phobia is jelly fish. I cannot look at even a static picture of one... even the thoughts of jelly fish can send me into panic mode. will looking at a picture of a jelly fish cause me any real harm? no... it is a irrational fear.

homophobia is irrational too. and, it is taught.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah umm hearing homophobia being along the nature versus nurture aspect is the most insane thing I've heard...I mean REALLY? REALLY?! I never realized homophobia was a sexual orientation...WOW

8. Emberstone

I wonder if this study was peer-reviewed, and if the people who funded it are actually connected to the anti-gay lobby in some ways.