1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democratic Party chairman in San Antonio calls gays 'termites,'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.dallasvoice.com/democrat...ites-likens-stonewall-nazi-party-1068304.html

2. ANightDude

Wow, this guy? No one even talks about him in my city until now, and now everyone wants him out. What a moron, he should know that San Antonio and South Texas are more democratic than any other parts of the state. He's being asked to resign, so he'll be out soon enough, even though he said he'd resign "When hell freezes over".

He also said gays were like "Children with Polio".

Oh, God, what a crap politician.

3. RaRa

^I thought that was the peoples republic of austin? :wink:

But yeah he's quite the loony :lol:

4. ANightDude

Haha, well yeah. Austin's got like 100,000 students and most of them lean democratic, and all the Mexican-American influence down here makes most of the residents lean that way, too. I believe Obama actually won San Antonio and Austin county-wise.

5. Zontar

People are taking this man seriously for anything?

6. Fintan

Democrats....

7. Emberstone

1 democrat saying it is equal to 100 republicans saying this?

8. TheDarkerPoet

I wouldn't say that. You seem to have the idea that all republicans are right-wing conservatives who have racist or sexist ideas views of the world, when in reality the only ones who get real publicity are the assholes. Republicans have done stuff to benefit our country - no need to attack them. Both teams are far from perfect.
    Just sayin'.

As for the original post, this lunatic shouldn't have a place to say anything, in my opinion.

9. Emberstone

meant on LGBT rights... sorry, didnt focus my comment properly.

10. RaRa

THIS.

Emberstone you need to chill. =p Criticize their views and policy as much as you want, but personally attacking republicans isnt cool.

11. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Well. I think that every person has the right to free speech, as explained to me a while ago by RedState. So from a purely detached perspective, as this country is one that is governed by the rule of law, and if we interpret the law as a system of algorithms, everyone has the ability to say things or display messages that they want to, save in situations where the law deems it as an assault due to the message's threatening nature.

The gray area in this particular sort of speech is that it does not target a specific individual but a group of minorities. Does it incite violent behavior amongst the statement's supporters, such, to a degree will cause harm to the said minority? We will not be able to say conclusively. But from the lynching of the African American people in history, we can say that "yea, statistically speaking, some things might happen every time a public figure incites a feeling of hatred that may or may not already be pre-existing".

However, under the principles related to government by law, and nothing that you do that is not specifically against an article of law would be considered punishable or enforceable by a legal authority. And it may simply be a fact that today's law and constitution cannot handle complicated gray areas such as this, so it attempts to logically describe a condition that satisfies the basic common denominator, and that is, that everyone has the right to speak their minds without being punished.

12. midwestblues

Yeah, totally not cool. Because there's that whopping 8% chance that the Republican he's personally attacking actually thinks that gay people should be allowed to teach in public schools. :rolle:

#12 midwestblues, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  13. midwestblues

Please. This was a news solely because it's the type of speech you'd least expect to hear from a guy claiming to be a Democrat.

#13 midwestblues, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  14. Emberstone

I think people left out a word when they read my post: "saying".

It is a modifier... a republican 'saying' something is different from 'a republican'.

15. Rikudo

Eh not much of a surprise politicians in general are just people who sell their souls. Whether it's Democrat or Republican unless the person themselves is lgbt or has some sort of relation to a lgbt then I don't believe that their support is genuine.

16. Fintan

I think we often lose sight on EC that politics is about governing an entire country, not a single social issue. And yet we judge entire people based on their belief on a single issue.

17. nate16

wow, and weren't democrats supposed to be more liberal???? well I guess we're all termites now guys lol xD

18. RaRa

I didn't know that made it ok. Good to know.

19. olides84

I think it's pretty easy to judge this guy by that quote about Tea Party = fucking Nazis = Stonewall Democrats = Blacks, though I couldn't quite understand that last part about blacks. But if you want to do some research to show how great this Ramos guy is with all his other opinions and how awesome he's been covering his duties as a Texas county political party chair, I'd be glad to read it!

20. Ridiculous

Is it because we like eating wood? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well... the male gays anyway.