1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man, 70, Stoned to Death for Homosexuality: Police

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Death-for-Homosexuality-Police-118243719.html

2. Miss Bubbles

see what people do when they take the bible too seriously?????

3. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw this on the news tonight. I can't wrap my head around it. The guy claims that he stoned him to death because of the Bible. But it sounds like he was in a relationship with the victim. He spent everyday with him, had power of attoney, and is the sole beneficiary in the will.

EDIT: Had loaded up the video from the abc affiliate here and had to watch an advertisment first. It was a Mormon commercial. Oh the irony.

#3 ArcusPravus, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, this is so disgusting. At least they know who did it and he'll be punished. Maybe he'll agree to the old "eye for an eye" saying and accept death penalty by stoning.

5. PhantomX

Just reading the comments in this article make my blood boil with anger!!!! So much hatred out there (and they are all coming from supposedly loving, Godly "Christians"!

6. Flyers2011

Wow. At first I was going to say that it sounds like a good old fashioned 'gay panic' case :dry:.

But after reading the part about how he was the executor to his will and everything, I'm suspicious. If this was just some random guy hitting on him, why would he make him power of attorney? It doesn't make sense. And I'm assuming that in Austrailia there has to be a process for making someone power of attorney that isn't a family member. Something isn't sitting right with me.

I definitely agree with the first degree charge. He obviously planned it out. He probably wanted the guy's money and he figured that the 'gay panic' defense would work. Which it doesn't.

7. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Um. This is in Pennsylvannia, Delaware County, bordering western Philadelphia.

8. Dave

I hope that gay panic laws don't apply in that state. That kid deserves to have the book, and his bag of rocks thrown at him