1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A: Mormon voices on reparative therapy, growing up gay in the church

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bay-area-news/ci_17630914?nclick_check=1

2. Fintan

Scary stuff... Mormons seem very similar to some Fundamentalist Christians in this respect.

3. zeratul

zeratul Guest

And maybe Scientologists

4. Emberstone

scientology is more of a coorporation. it is about selling a product. thats why I consider it a cult. you can't achieve their form of 'being saved' without funneling millions (I think it is like 3.1-3.2 million) to buy your way to the top, because you cant advance without paying for each level of teaching first.

5. Elven

The more I find out about the Mormon Church, the more heinous it seems to be.

6. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i used to live in salt lake city, and it really breaks my heart how cold people can be, in the year that I lived there I actually knew several people who took their lives. when they come out they no longer have family, they have trouble getting into school, getting jobs, even housing, thats why salt lake has housing and employment protection for LGBT people, because its such a problem. I really wish that the church understand the pain they cause, all my ex-mormon friends who are sad and lonely because of the extreme rejection they get, its really upsetting to see them have to go through life feeling alone, and a lot of them just feel so broken over it that they don't try building new family. I think a lot of the issues with drugs depression and suicide that utah lgbt people have is connected.
    I'm usually a pretty easy going light hearted person, but this is one issue that tears me up, no lie.
    if anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, go rent the movie "latter days" its really accurate