1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Straight Male Gamer” told to ‘get over it’ by BioWare

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.nomorelost.org/2011/03/25/straight-male-gamer-told-to-get-over-it-by-bioware/

2. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

i like this game developers attitude

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was a very good reply. Makes me like Bioware a bit more. :slight_smile:

4. Ridiculous

I wonder if the original poster replied to that message?

5. AtmaWeapon

Very nice response to him! Hopefully he'll open his eyes to see that he has been conditioned to see himself as 'special' for being a hetero male, meaning things such as it's okay to be a straight male or any male and hit on any girl whether she is a lesbian or not or maybe is even totally disinterested in either sex or any gender in that sense, or that it's okay when a gay guy is hit on by a girl, but God forbid you get hit on by a gay guy or a straight girl gets hit on by a lesbian. Total double-standards.

I'm not trying to say it's wrong to hit on people (I don't but if a guy hits on me, I don't have a problem with it), but it shows how this guy, like the majority of heterosexuals I presume, have never taken the step to put themselves in the position of the individual who is gay who has to deal with advances from the opposite sex on a frequent basis.

Having said that, I think I might start playing Dragon Age II or at least pick out something I haven't played yet that I can play online (Baldur's Gate for example).

6. Just Adam

Great attitude by devs. Im so irritated by these gamers who think it has to be their way or it's wrong. Sat there jacking off to Warcraft gulping mountain dew. >.>

Gaming is escapism, enjoying something outside your life... That enjoyment should be open to everyone.

7. Giorria

Giorria Guest

I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't complain if they only allowed the female characters have relationships with eachother and not the male ones...

8. Ha! I bet you're right.

Anyway, way to go. That response was amazing.:eusa_clap

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew there was a reason I liked Bioware. After all, they did make Juhani a lesbian in KOTOR

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a wonderful response!

11. Beachboi92

SOOOO happy i love Dragon Age xD

the first time i played and learned there was the option for gay romance i had a smile for days as i am a gamer and love the fact that someone stood up for that demographic of LGBT gamers. I love the response and it was very intelligent and actually spoke to a lot more than just issues of sexuality as they applied to the game.

12. kwyjibo

Right, so everyone regardless of sex or orientation should pander to your every demand? No thanks.
    Kwyjibo

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The poster has reposted his complaint several times. Apparently he is thick-skulled.

14. British Lad

British Lad Guest

In your face homophobe

15. Foxywolf

Wow for some reason I found his response strangely touching. It just made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. It just made me so happy that he took such a strong stand against the homophobe. He is amazing. Thank you!
    Needless to say I might actually buy this game now, I had been thinking about it and I think that this seals the deal.
    I'll probably end up having a lesbian relationship in it too....

#15 Foxywolf, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  16. Beachboi92

^Dragon Age 1 was AMAZING this one is AMAZINGx2 you should start from the beginning and play through 1 the expansion and then 2 the data can carry over and its just amazing. Also you can also do gay relationships in the 1st one.

17. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Seconding Beachboi here...it's an epic game. I love it.

18. Emberstone

educated people tend to support LGBT people.

You would expect a head at a successful computer gaming company to be educated...

... if only you could expect the same intelligent thoughtfulness of all gamers too.

but the fact that the majority of gamers responding to 'straight male gamer' were critical of his posting, it is good that the majority of gamers do not have their heads shoved up their own asses to savor the smell of their own farts.

19. aidan

i think this has given me hope that there will *finally* be a gay m/m romance included in mass effect 3. my gay shepherd has had his needs neglected for far too long.

excellent response from the developer btw. everyone should be like him.

20. Fingolfin