1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinois Sheriff Admits Ethnic, Gender Slur on Facebook

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/25/illinois-sheriff-admits-ethnic-gender-slur-on-facebook/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woooow....
    Ok I can see him thinking it a joke if on like a magazine article online (though not really) but saying this on a Facebook image? REALLY? That's no joke sir, that's bigotry.

3. Paper Heart

I find the friend that posted the picture and the sheriff both repugnant. "I oppose bigotry, but not unless its for a joke!"

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somebody I'm friends with on Facebook posted something about "man points" and "don't be the fag for the night". I made some sort of comment about it ("really? You're gonna go there?"), and that's when HE got up on my face. Apparently, he and his "real" friends have a running joke about man points and "fag for the night", and they're not about to change just because I've got some sort of politically-correct vendetta.

He's not my FB friend anymore.

Lex

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm doubly offended; I'm jewish and gay. Really, an officer is and should be held to a higher standard of conduct, even when off the job. I'm a criminal justice major, and should I ever go into the police force, I will make it my life's work to fight attitudes just like his. It's really disgusting and there really isn't an excuse for it at all. To make it even worse, the joke isn't even funny. I could find some leniency in this situation if it was...

6. Emberstone

hate to say it, but if you pay attention, there is a sizeable portion of police officers who go into that line of work because it makes them feel powerful, and have power over others. half the people I went to highschool who are not law enforcement officers are total douchebags about it, and have that 'my butt shoots sunshine, rainbows, and orgasems' additude problem.

7. stageone

The joke was between friends and employees?!? Not that it would be ok at any time, but I can see people letting their guard down and being ignorant among friends & family who wouldn't take them seriously.. but this is the kind of thing that should get you fired at work. And if this is being passed among employees, then yes it is work.

#7 stageone, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  8. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

I jsut think this was way out of hand and shouldve ended in termination of their jobs