1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Openly Gay GOP Presidential Candidate

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Darkwing65, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Darkwing65

Fred Karger
    http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/a...-openly-gay-gop-presidential-candidate/72906/

2. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

yeah go america

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm not mistaken, he was claiming to be a Democrat until not being allowed in the democratic primary debates. He used to be a republican operative or something before coming out.

While any visibility on gay issues within the republican party is a positive, I am inclined to think this is essentially a publicity stunt. The guy has generated hundreds of press releases over the past couple of years and seems a bit like a publicity whore.

4. Emberstone

you cannot win the republican presidential nomination without the fundiementalist christian/ultra right wing votes. a republican cant win the actual presidential election without those votes either.

I agree. this is more about attention and press than it will be about winning, because the republican party is stacked against him.

5. Kanen

I agree. Would I like to see a gay president, one who could actually fight for our rights? Yes. But I don't think this is the man. There is no way he is going to win - the way Christians treat homosexuals sometimes... It's not going to happen.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think we can expect to see a gay president (openly :wink: ) until 2050? or so...unless that meteor does hit in 2036 lol. That's another story though.