1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mississauga Catholic students demand GSA

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Mississauga_Catholic_students_demand_GSA-9888.aspx

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh?

3. Kanen

Wow. As if we needed another example of the Catholic Church's bigotry.

4. Nomad187

They really don't understand that publicly funded means that they can't discriminate against anyone. like it is not that hard to understand

5. Arex

One reason I don't attend church anymore.

6. roborama

those kids really inspire me not going to lie. they are really strong. the school on the other hand? dont even get me started

7. Jay

Jay

Once again, the Catholic Catechism (sort of like the rules and guidance of the Catholic Church, like a constitution) states that neither the Catholic Church or any of the members can discriminate against LGTB people (they use the word "homosexuals") because solely of their preference. Also it accepts the fact that many of the "homosexuals" are born with the preference, and it isn't a choice. Those are to be respected and not discriminated.

If your school is affiliated with the Catholic Church or if your school/college is part, even indirectly, of the local Catholic Church or your area's bishopric/archbishopric, or even if your school/college name references the Catholic Church and any other affiliation isn't stated, you have all the rights to tell your principal or school board that they're acting against what their religion states.

8. Nomad187

Jay are you totally blind to their actions? or are you just seeing what you want?
    The principal thinks he has the right to deny them when he doesn't. The school and for that matter any catholic school in ontario has no right to discriminate against anyone based on orientation. the fact that they are a catholic school means jack shit all

9. Jay

Jay

I am not stating anything against our community Nomad. I know that just because they are publicly-funded, they can't discriminate. But I want to make something extremely clear: The Catholic Church isn't supposed to discriminate against anyone, including the LGBT groups. If someone Catholic discriminates you because of the sole fact you're gay, then you can happily say:

I am saying here, publicly, that the members of the Catholic Church have a lot of changing to do, from the tip to the bottom of the pyramid. They should all understand that if they are, in any way, discriminating against anyone, anyone at all, they are not doing what Jesus wanted and they are most certainly not following what the Church says now-a-days.