1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOMA author Bob Barr to keynote Log Cabin Republicans convention in Dallas next month

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.dallasvoice.com/doma-aut...ublicans-convention-dallas-month-1070583.html

2. RedState

Re: DOMA author Bob Barr to keynote Log Cabin Republicans convention in Dallas next m

Ha! I wish I had known this earlier. I saw him at Shelly's Back Room on F Street a couple of months ago (it's a cigar bar, don't let your mind wonder)

Interesting.

3. Emberstone

Re: DOMA author Bob Barr to keynote Log Cabin Republicans convention in Dallas next m

weird. didnt he leave the republican party to run on the libertarian ticket when he did not have enough appeal or name/brand recognition to republican voters to make a dent in the republican primaries?

doesn't seem that republicans are becoming more inclusive at all. infact, their behavior in the last few years has been to tighten the reigns, and push out people who didnt fit a certain 'conservative' bill. the conservative litmus test the rnc was pushing, along with the tea party putting lots of effort into getting rid of any republican who did not conform their poorly defined, and blatently narrow minded beliefsystem/mentality, does not lend well to the idea of inclusiveness.

they are still tolerating race baiting within their ranks... which is deeply anti-inclusive. gender baiting was still a major part of the party until sister palin reared her uninformed opinions about the world.

it is good that bob barr is supporting repeal of DOMA, but wouldnt it serve america more for him to continue to lend his voice to the libertarian movement then trying to pretend the republicans will tolerate his non-republican party views?