1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Catholic School Teaches Class on Horrors of Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kanen, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kanen

This was really quite disturbing.

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    I can't say it suprises me- I'm just happy my parents put me in public school.

3. Kanen

Yeah, me too. It's worth watching the videos all the way through though, even if it is disgusting. It will let you in to just how these people actually think.

4. Daryn

Oh, I don't need to watch videos like that to know how "these people" think. "These people" are my family. My grandparents would hate me if they knew.

5. Jay

Jay

I have not yet watched the videos and I am more than interested in doing so, but I have to put this first of all:

6. Daryn

Jay- good point, and I think many people agree.

7. Jay

Jay

I have started to watch the first video and for what I can see, he is not hating on homosexuals just because they're gay, he is teaching how homosexuals are an abomination because they want to marry. I am not going to say this is OK, neither I am going to say it's wrong: I am going to say that the teacher is obviously ignorant and biased, and he shouldn't be teaching hate in a Catholic School classroom.

There's a difference between the Church statements regarding why it doesn't want gay marriage recognized or accepted and what should be done when an individual or group of people are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, etc. They don't approve on gay marriage for a handful of reasons, some of them make more sense than others, but in no way the Church should accept this type of stuff happening anywhere, specially coming from a priest.

Last question, was this class real? Because at the start, I felt it wasn't.

8. Shevanel

Not all Catholic Schools are like this at all. I'm glad I went to Catholic High School. Best decision of my life.

9. British Lad

British Lad Guest

When religion is perfect, It can tell me what to think.

10. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is an update he did not too long ago. Just an extra video on another class he did, not on marriage but homosexuality itself.

In one of the videos (At 6:32 in 3rd vid) a student brings up a good parallel when the "teacher" starts talking about benefits and marriage and how far it could go. He starts to talk about what if's. His parents dying and what would keep him from marrying his brother for benefits. The student dominates and rejects this idea and the pastor goes:

"mmhm..(Oh Shit*)...yeah..(SUBJECT CHANGE!!!!*)...interracial marriage..."

This guy is full of bullshit. I really couldn't watch all the videos because this kind of talk gets me upset.
    :icon_sad:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's almost humorous to watch this guy attempt to try and make an argument. His IQ must be quite low.

12. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

You'd think being set up by God, it would be perfect...or maybe it at least wouldn't be in such an awful state.:rolle:

Just another example of religious people making ridiculous, hateful, and harmful statement because they let some old book inform their "moral" sense without any question.

13. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Their Argrument against same sex marriage makes no sense

14. sguyc

Don't use this one example to generalize all Catholic schools. The one I went too as a child was truly an institution of learning that stressed qualities that every human should strive for. They simply did not mention the more controversial stances of the church, why? Because its a school not a church. We had great relationships with the priests, but they certainly were not our teachers nor did they spend time giving lectures. But these organizations are not all the same, I am sure they are very diverse.

15. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I was in private school for seven years. And I knew I was gay. Worst seven years of my life.

16. Emberstone

when his church stops covering up child rape, then we can talk.

17. Zontar

I went to catholic high school but I really don't know if that strongly contributed to the air of homophobia within or not. I think it was more the jock mentality, which would've been anywhere.

18. Stripe101

If I was in that school....that man would not have any teeth left

19. Jared

I went to a Catholic high school in a small rural town and it was nothing like this. It was pretty tolerant and a few of the kids had gay parents. While I wouldn't call it a bastion of acceptance it was far less homophobic than the public schools near me. In our religion classes they teachers did say homosexuality isn't a choice, but that homosexuals are called to live a life of chastity, and all the students disagreed with the chastity thing.

20. Why is it have to be the people in my religion that do shit like this. :frowning2:

The conflict never ends :frowning2: