1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pastor had sex with teens to cure their homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.wisconsingazette.com/bre...x-with-teens-to-cure-their-homosexuality.html

More here:http://www.southwestiowanews.com/articles/2011/03/17/council_bluffs/doc4d822e3a97362006634458.txt

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Total pedophile.

4. kwyjibo

And this guy is meant to be a man of the church, who can be trusted? Ive never been happier to be atheist.

5. kem

kem

How could someone be so blindly faithful to the church that they'd rape innocent children in hopes of curing them?

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bet all the pastors who already raped children are going to use this as their excuse not that it makes it any more valid lol

7. Tiny Catastrophe

8. Jay

Jay

Hate the man, not the Church.

Obviously the ideas of whatever Church this guy was involved were not the same as his, because if they are then all of those priests or bishops will be going to jail. Just because one guy has sick ideas and a screwed-up thought process doesn't mean everyone does. Same goes with the gays (lawl), not all of us are sex addicts, even though they might think we are. Are we? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This guy better be sent to jail for a long, loooooong while.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm I would suggest researching how many pastors have been arrested for molestation, just saying.

10. Zontar

I honestly wish I could find a reason for that phenomenon.

A simplistic way of explaining it would be sexual repression, but for crying out loud, I never get laid and I never do these things.

11. Gray Ichihara

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The simplest way to logically explain this is a matter of Self vs Service. In this case, there are several reasons why he would have done something like this. His inner slave, to religion, longed to create a feeling of power over a seemingly weaker being. A recreation of a traumatic instance in his life. Lack of sexual exploration, therefore he jumped at the first chance he received to fulfill a fantasy. The understanding of the difference between right, wrong, socially acceptable, and the social norm isn't something he's capable of preforming. So many different option. Humans are prone to making choices that beyond belief and understanding. It is with that, we must forge forward to create change in the way we desire.

12. Enaithor

He's probably mentally ill to be honest, he should really be in a mental institution until he's cured and therefore safe for like, being in society

13. Gray Ichihara

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose that would be a reasonable plan, but who's to say he won't attempt to bypass the system. Then you have to consider what is normal? The question we face daily. Who's to say that it won't change from the time he's in till he's out?
    Who are we to judge what is wrong with him? We are all ill minded to some degree as well as mentally ill to some degree. Some more then others, but to no right do we have to judge another human being, unless we be without error. It's a cheap way for us to feel better about ourselves.

14. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm I would suggest researching how many pastors haven't done any molestation, just saying.

Seriously, just because there are a lot of ministers/priests/pastors/clergy that molest children, doesn't mean they all do or even that most do. Let's flip the tables. How often on this forum do people bring up that people think all gays are effeminate because those are the only ones they notice? High visibility does not mean it's most or even common.

As for why so many molesters are in the clergy, I see 2 possibilities. The first is that it's once again high visibility issue and we just don't hear or focus on those who aren't. The other is that it's an attractive field for people who are going to molest kids as it offers an environment that makes it easier than almost any other profession other than teacher or doctor. I think the issue is much more that molesters become priests than it is priests become molesters. (Though that doesn't even come close to excusing the religious organizations that then hide the acts and shield the perpetrators but that's another topic entirely).

Disclaimer: After reading it back, I want to stop any misunderstanding before it starts. I'm using effeminate gays as an example of a high visibility subset in a larger less visible group. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with effeminate gays and not making any parallel in that regard but could see that it might be taken that way and clearing it up now before it goes anywhere.

15. Gray Ichihara

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kudos to you for your argument. Very valid. Would you then further to say that it's become expected of them to fall into that stereotype? Both effeminate homosexuals, and overly sexual priests?

16. kwyjibo

This also seems kind of illogical - he (arguably) raped teenage boys, to "cure" their homosexuality...
    Not only disturbing and horrible, but also weirdly illogical.

17. browneyedboy

just reconfirms the theory
    define: pastor/priest: peadophile with a passion for religion...

*this is a joke* please dont start a whole argument over it.

18. Jay

Jay

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I said, in lesser words. Just because one out of ten thousand priests end up being a pedophile doesn't mean all of the clergy is full of scum. Just because one of a hundred gays is effeminate doesn't mean we're all like that.

Once again, hate the man, not the church. If the Church would state "Yes, it's OK for priests to rape kids to cure them from their homosexuality" then your point would be valid and Lord knows I wouldn't be part of such horrible organization. But the Church condemns these acts as much as the people, just because there is no CNN-Vatican 24/7 network doesn't mean that actions aren't taken against these priests.

19. Emberstone

might not be a tv channel, but there is the 24/7 vatican radio.

honestly, what this pastor was doing is like saying if you want to be cured of your addiction of meth or heroin, do meth or heroin.

the opposate of cold turkey.