1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traditional family values must have equal time on campus, Texas House says

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/traditional-family-values-must.html

2. AtmaWeapon

Well, okay, but the thoughts that come to mind are:

Heterosexual traditional family values? Yeah, what about it? Man and a woman fall in love, get married, and have a baby...or several babies, to simplify it. I'm gay and I know that one. I know a lot more about what constitutes a basic heterosexual lifestyle, not being heterosexual, than I do of a gay or lesbian lifestyle, family values, and the like, and I, myself, am gay!

That's the point of teaching about alternative lifestyles...to educate people. I do think, though, there could be some education on how anyone, not just heterosexuals, can identify common problems in families which result in a lot of hurt in families. I think family dysfunction should be taught about in schools, since we're talking about family values in the first place.

I was going to snark about heterosexual family values in how sons, daughters, husbands, wives, and other family members are treated what the outcomes are when they come out of the closet, especially when it causes turmoil, rejection, being disowned, abused, and sometimes resulting in suicide, but I think that's getting too far off the article's point.

3. Beachboi92

This is like saying they can spend money on a center to teach about the horrors of slavery but they also have to donate an equal amount of money to the local KKK..... fucking texas man

4. No One

The whole world (figuratively speaking) is a center for heterosexual traditional marriage, can you seriously not stand the idea of a center that doesn't cater to you?

5. Emberstone

There is not such thing as 'traditional family values', because the family of one hundred years ago was nothing like the family two hundred years ago, three hundred, two thousand, four thousand, etc.

tradition is a word that lacks concrete reality.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No they definitely cannot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

The idea that "traditional family values" is not already getting more than equal time anywhere in Texas is just silly.

8. Emberstone

I demand equal money and time for my movement; HAVE CHARLIE SHEEN SHOT INTO THE SUN!!!

If the state of texas does not give me equal money, I am suing!!!!!

HOW DARE THEY BELITTLE MY SOCIAL CAUSE!!! WE MUST THINK OF THE CHILDREN. DONT WE WANT THEM TO BE FREE OF TIGERBLOOD???????????

9. TheDarkerPoet

The poor traditional values! They somehow aren't being shoved into our faces enough by hateful conservatives and non-believers; no, we must uphold the sanctity of a true marriage!

Give me a damn break, please. Nobody is threatening your marriage. Nobody is dis-promoting your marriage. We just want you to consider the idea of an alternate lifestyle. "Traditional marriage" needs no more spotlight than the fact that birds can fly.