1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay cemetery plans under way in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.thegavoice.com/index.php...u/2377-gay-cemetery-plans-underway-in-atlanta

2. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

That's cute.

3. Beachboi92

why do we need to segregate a cemetery? That is obnoxious imo

4. Fintan

Yeah... less segregation more integration please.

5. Charme

Charme Guest

It's not like gays are forced to be buried in the gay area. I don't see the problem. So some people would prefer to be buried with similar persons, big deal.

6. Ridiculous

Is there something keeping gay people from being buried together in the 'straights' section?

It sounds to me like a perfect way for grave-vandals to more easily find graves to desecrate.

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I was thinking the exact same thing. Segregation is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just...no. I'm sorry quick question, anyone who would want to be buried with similar persons...I'm sorry what do you have against the other people in the graves? You don't even know if they were bigots or not! I'm sorry but sponsored by a gay man or not, this is just plain stupid.

9. Charme

Charme Guest

I don't have anything against someone in the other grave. But I don't understand why this would be a bad idea for someone who does.

And how did you even come to that question? Did it seem like I didn't like straight graves? Did I, in my post, say that gays should be buried in a separate section? And does the term "similar" offend you?

10. RaRa

All I know is...I don't want to be buried in a gay cemetery...but that's a long ways away. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: