1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox News contributor is alarmed by the latest J. Crew catalog

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Dan82

J. Crew Plants the Seeds for Gender Identity - FoxNews.com

:rolle::rolle::rolle:I’m tempted to violate copyright so they won’t get any more page views.

#1 Dan82, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *facepalm*

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

It's just nail polish...

People freak out over the dumbest stuff.

4. Zontar

Fox News writers aren't exactly high-watt light bulbs.

If gender identity were as simple as this, we'd have a cure for gender dysphoria by now.

5. Foxywolf

OH MY GOSH! Now I understand why I am gay! It's because when I was little my parents bought me a cool tools truck. It all makes so much sense now! HAHAHA.
    Just for those who are a little slow, that was sarcasm. Pink painted toenails does not affect gender identitiy.

6. MusicIsLife

*facepalm* people are silly.

7. Beachboi92

i like how in the left hand corner of the web page it says "Fox News, Fair and balanced" C_C

8. Emberstone

Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin like to pretend they are christians... why can't guys wear nailpolish, or like pink then?

9. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess I'd better expect a fuss over pink lemonade.

10. Beachboi92

Liking pink- it turns you into a girl

11. adam88

I love American "conservatives" (I won't get into why I put it in quotes, but will let you know that I have a good reason to) when they argue something they have absolutely no actual knowledge of. (sarcasm)

12. Dan82

Fox News now has an article up reporting on the controversy their own columnist created:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/1...nk-nail-polish-sparks-debate-gender-identity/

I’m reminded of this blog post on how fox influences the new cycle:http://www.juliansanchez.com/2010/08/25/the-new-news-cycle/

13. Fintan

Could someone make me a chart of what colours I am and am not allowed to like? Thanks. ;P

14. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Too funny xD

In other news, I finally decided to paint my nails black this past weekend. Not my thing after all... but it was something I always wanted to try, but I was always too afraid of "turning gay" haha oh the irony.. xD

15. Chandra

Oh, but they're so right! The first time I was allowed to wear a pair of pants I totally wanted to cut my boobs off!

16. knight of ni

Hmm. I always wondered about that. I spent most of my childhood building forts and fighting enormous battles with toy soldiers, and then got a little older and built model airplanes, and tanks, and battleships.

And turned out to be a raging homo... maybe all the men in uniform had something to do with it... :thumbsup:

17. Dan82

Here’s the cover of the book Keith Ablow co-authored with Glenn Beck:

[​IMG]

18. RedState

Interesting.
    It may be surprising, but I don't watch Fox a lot. I think the ACTUAL reporters on Fox, like Bret Baier and Chris Wallace do a very good job and are very objective. I don't watch their opinion shows, but I do like Shepard Smith, I think he does a good job as well.

But see, like them or not, this is what makes Fox so successful...it seems this article has done it's job...and done it very well.

19. Foxywolf

Haha when I read your comment I thought you were going to say, 'I totally wanted to cut my hair off.' Boobs just makes it so much funnier. :lol:

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no! It's not known! EVERYBODY MORALLY PANIC!!!

the psychological effect of the internet on people is still basically completely fucking unknown. It's called the present becoming the future, and fearful speculation won't do anybody any good.

regardless, this guy is talking about something as stupidly trivial as painting toenails and going on a righteous crusade over it. If he wasn't a completely inept journalist and had actually done some research he might know that the trend of pink being a 'girl's colour' and blue being a 'boy's colour' has only been around since earlyish 20th century, as late as 1927 it was in fact the opposite, blue being generally accepted as the girl's colour and pink being the boy's colour. It's completely arbitrary.

His article is ridiculous on so many levels it makes me sick that he is probably influencing a lot of indignant morons out there to feel that their homophobic sentiments have some basis in morality.

This halfwit needs to be washing dishes somewhere.

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2011 at 10:27 AM ----------

done its job in terms of business, yes, but that should not be their main objective.

in terms of journalism, they're utterly lacking in both scruples and aptitude. On the whole they're actually morally corrosive and encouraging of all manner of absurd forms of prejudice and xenophobia. Their irresponsible brand of faux-journalism belongs in the jingoistic past with all the other inflammatory propagandists we went to all the trouble of shutting up.

Citizen Kane has never seemed more prophetic

#20 Pseudojim, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011