1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Majority Of New Yorkers Support Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=8067&MediaType=1&Category=26

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Yay! I don't think we should be overly optimistic though. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but polls said the same thing in California and look at how that's worked out for us so far.

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

The majority of Californians do support gay marriage. They made the voting sound like if you voted yes on Prop 8 you wanted gay marriage, and if you voted no you were against it. When in reality it's the opposite.

The opposition of any sort of thing such as gay marriage, abortion, etc will always make the voting confusing to try and get votes in their favor from people who want those things.

They did the same in Ohio. My parents and everyone I knew that could vote voted for gay marriage, but they made it sound like if you put yes you voted yes for gay marriage when really you were voting no. :/ And all of them fell for it.

There should be a law against that.