1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cook County Jail to allow transgender inmates to be housed according to gender identi

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...kcountyjail-transgenderpolicy,0,4642081.story

2. Emberstone

Re: Cook County Jail to allow transgender inmates to be housed according to gender id

I see this as both and good thing, and a negative thing. how many guys will pretend just to get out of regular male detention settings? It will help those who truly are transgendered, but I could see people abusing it, thinking they can get off easier, even though I doubt it would be eaiser regardless, being as jail and all.

3. Shevanel

Re: Cook County Jail to allow transgender inmates to be housed according to gender id

Or just so they could possibly rape women? I would like to find out how they will judge this sorta thing...

4. Emberstone

It really does seem to be asking for trouble in so many levels, though I see the need for it all the same.

5. Zontar

I think a good way to avoid false placement would be to screen those who claim to be transgender with a psychiatrist, and investigate medical/therapy history as well.

I would imagine they are not stupid enough to skip these things.