1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Trump: I'm Christian, Pro-life, Against Gay Marriage & So For The Death Penalt

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Dan82

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMyxO97uVA[/YOUTUBE]

2. Allecto

Re: Donald Trump: I'm Christian, Pro-life, Against Gay Marriage & So For The Death Pe

If you're anti-abortion and pro-death penalty, you're not pro-life. It just means that you only care about fetuses.

3. Emberstone

Re: Donald Trump: I'm Christian, Pro-life, Against Gay Marriage & So For The Death Pe

even more so, one of the most famous jesus scenes in the bible is jesus making it clear that the death penalty is a sin and affront to god, so you can't be a christian and support the death penalty, because you are going against christ.

and for those who are wondering what scene, "let he who is without sin throw the first stone." is the oft quoted line from it.

4. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

All for killing people ... just not people who haven't been born yet.

Thankyou, Mr Trump.

5. Shulk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

And I'm anti-life, for gay marriage, and so against the death penalty.

ZING!

(The "anti-life" part was meant as a joke. Don't take it seriously.)

#5 Shulk, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  6. Emberstone

You really can't be a christian and a republican... the two things are direct contradictions to each other.

republicans promote all the things jesus spoke out again, and demonize all the things he did speak out in favor of. They also create lies about things jesus never said to try to legitimise their politics.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

in other words, "I'm a fucking moron". Got it.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I was pretty sure on his show, he said it was okay to be gay at one point... I agree with him on the death penalty!

9. Emberstone

he used to be all for abortion rights, gay rights, and gay marriage...

... but it is clearly impossible to win the presidential nomination for the republican party these days unless you hate the gays, hate the women, hate the hispanics, hate muslims, etc.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I used to agree with him on the death penalty, being the misanthropist i am, but after having done a little reading and chatting with some very informed people on the subject, i've changed my mind.

1 - it does NOT act as a deterrent in any way (this may surprise some people, but has been shown in multiple studies)
    2 - it is NOT cheaper than life imprisonment
    3 - it devalues human life
    4 - from a purely practical standpoint, it is killing someone who could otherwise be doing prison labour
    5 - it is retributive punishment, which is mentally detrimental for all involved.

11. NickT

He's saying all these things because the right-wingers typically have all the money. He's a businessman, remember?

12. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Forget the death penalty, bring back gladiator fights. Noting says "Don't do drugs" or "don't kill people" like a good-ole decapitation produces by a crazy old lady on paper-view.

But jokes aside I never got the pro-death, pro-life point of view. Just like I never understood people who tell me they want to be friends but don't support my view on marriage or adoption.

13. secretstache09

He also has a great relationship with "the Blacks" as he put it. Lol Donald Trump, lol.

14. kem

kem

I completely disagree with him. He's a fool.

15. Emberstone

he also is saying he is a better buisnessman that romney... yet romney never bankrupted coorporations, losing other people's money in the process.

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Maybe the people feel that the fetuses are innocent and have done nothing wrong, while the people who receive the death penalty, society is better without. Just trying to interpret them. Not my views.

17. Emberstone

still the bible condems the death penalty in one of the passages most quoted by christians... it is now becoming the litmess test for if you a christian, or a republican. if you a christian, you dont support the death penalty because christ forbides it... but if your a republican you support it, while claiming to be a christian.

18. browneyedboy

I really do not understand what is wrong with the world.

If you don't like gay marriage then don't have one, f&^%ing idiot!, its obviously just a PR stunt that he's running, trying to up the apprentice ratings.

19. No One

The funny thing is, Republicans say the same thing about Democrats. Both sides do the same thing. I just wish we could stop attacking each other.

20. kwyjibo

I would say it would be possible to be Christian and Republican, although not one of the fundie morons who show up in this forum so often and ignore the bible where they disagree with it's views.