1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 50 most influential gay and lesbian Americans

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.gaypolitics.com/2011/04/13/the-50-most-influential-gay-and-lesbian-americans/

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Shepard Smith is gay? He works for Fox News...

3. Mr.Pushover

^I don't think he is.. I just looked him up on wikipedia

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wikipedia is shit. Remember it's edited by people, not always officials.

5. Mr.Pushover

Either way. The list could've included people who are out of the closet.

6. haelmarie

[​IMG]

Food for thought: every single person in this list is white.

Also, I am very upset that Anderson Cooper has a boyfriend.

7. Okay, yeah, but the thing I think a lot of people forget is that there are gay people who probably watch Fox News and like it. There are gay people of every type. Normally people automatically think that gays are super liberal. If marriage and rights were no longer an issue, I don't think that that would always be the case and indeed, it probably isn't now.

An acquaintance of mine is a male, bisexual, republican who probably does watch Fox News for all I know.

(NOT to say that I'm a Fox News fan or that I would agree with most of its politics. Just saying that being gay has nothing to do with politics unless it's the fight for rights which is not the only thing out there in the world of American politics these days)

8. No One

^^^^
    Agreed. It's just as bad for us to assume that every person who is gay is liberal, as it is for a people to assume that every guy who is gay wants to be a woman.

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I know. It's just really surprising to me, that's all. I've seen his show a few times, and I never knew or suspected it. I remember watching his show right after the last Proposition 8 decision came down and it was actually very good coverage in my opinion, but I still prefer Anderson for obvious reasons. ^_^

I too know a fair share of gay republicans but I will never understand them, I'm afraid. It's like, they're inviting their own devouring. They're like cows outlining the tastiest cuts in chalk, while they happily pour A-1 sauce over their heads. If a politician is threatening your very existence and civil rights, that should be a deal breaker...

10. RedState

The Shepard Smith gay rumor has been around for a while. It's never been conformed, but there are people who have gone public saying that they have been hit on by him at gay establishments years ago.

I like Shep..I think he's pretty damn good. I watch him. I think he's a good reporter..and wow I didn't realize he signed that big of a contract!

11. RaRa

Why am I not on this list? ;D

I always tease my ladyfriend who has a crush on Anderson Cooper. Hes so dreamy though. <3