1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawsuit asks California to pay for inmate's sex-change operation

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-prisons-transgender-20110420,0,57568.story

2. Emberstone

I think it is a waste of tax payer money to fund sex-change opperations for people who commit criminal acts. she got her hormones free of charge, but I think this is a step to far.

3. Aya McCabre

I think they have to though..... if you allow hormones to be deemed medically necessary then as soon as they start having a noticeable effect there's a greater risk of that prisoner being assaulted.... and it was caused by the people who gave them the hormones. If you give them the hormones and they're suffering because of it then you have to go all the way so that they can transfer.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My quick take on this is that she should be moved to a women's prison, continuation of the hormones and mental health evaluation, but no operation.

Honestly, I don't have a good answer for this situation , but that's just my first thought.