1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marines Get Trained on Accepting Gay Recruits

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13475360

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is fantastic. Honestly I wouldn't have expected any less from the military, as they are honor-bound to follow orders, but it's good to see they aren't being half-assed about this.

3. brodyman

Great to see this coming through, now if only I could get my Dad to go through that training.

4. Hot Pink

I don't think that allowing homosexuals to openly serve in the military is infringing on anyone's religious rights. It's not like the military is telling them that everyone has to be gay now.

Disallowing homosexuals to openly serve does, in fact, infringe on their human rights, however.

5. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I sometimes wonder that maybe DADT being repealed might have been done so too soon in respects to not having all the topics laid out on the table. The military is HORRIBLE with social issues. They never really get the hang of it. So how are they going to deal with homosexual service men/women and military marriages? With the ban lifted more will speak out and pressure again will be put on the military to take sides. How about adoptions between service men? Pregnancy between Lesbian service women? (This is assuming that both couples are in the military). Should there be a compensation for those who were kicked out before this law being repealed? Should the government apologize for DADT in general for those effected by it?

I'm not siding with those who didn't want to repeal DADT because I like things the way they were I side with those who didn't want it repealed because of the legal rights of service gay service men and women were not completely answers. HRC could have lead a better push to push to lobby all of these abundant legal topics in the senate and H.Representative as well as the media which could have also lead to a quicker rout to a discussion of really dealing with DOMA. We could have had done so much more with this topic but what happen happen and the future still looks bright.

#5 MyDecember, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. godawgsko

Great Story thanks for sharing.