1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minnesota Marriage amendment headed to Senate floor

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 6, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://minnesotaindependent.com/81207/marriage-amendment-headed-to-senate-floor/

2. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't get it. The definition of marriage is personal, yet his is right?

I don't understand why this amendment needs to happen. Gay marriage is already illegal in Minnesota, and for some reason we're taking steps to make the legalization process harder?

It's obvious they know where gay marriage is headed; those who vote for such an amendment just want their ideas to last longer than they should. And in the state with a large gay population you would think this wouldn't be an issue. I was actually surprised Minnesota didn't have gay marriage legalized already.

3. Emberstone

republicans like to renew these bans to keep face with the far right whackjobs that they require to survive in politics. They also like to keep sodamy laws on the books even though the supreme court declared those illegal.