1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay teen couples have schools thinking differently about prom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 15, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/5293...-in-promoting-tolerance-for-gay-students.html

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice to know that, in some places at least, people are just taking a "ho hum" approach to same-sex couples at prom. We *are* making progress even if it's a little slow and sometimes seems incremental.

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lets suppose i get a boyfriend, and i decide to go with my boyfriend to that prom.

Lets take the current school i am in, the current community that constitues it, and the population views point.

Now, as Brazilian myself. i can pretty much predict how accepted me and my byfriend would be in a scale of 10 -10.

I would say -2, or less (negative)

Even thought i consider the community on my school, open-minded and intelectual.

I don't think that is a progress at all, Chip. At least on my country.

The amount of Gay jokes (the great part offensive ones) and how much i see how all males acting nescessarly "110%" straight and constantly refering to the world "gay" to insult other males just makes me think lot about how they are acting actually..If its serious, of its all joke.

I'm happy in other countries it seems to be going in a different way, i never liked my country, not mainly because of this homophobic atmosphere, but i can assure you this is a great point alongside many, getting me the conclusions that i need to get out here as soon as i can...And that i am more than thankful for not being 100% Brazilian.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? No one is going to say it? Rosko's tux is hideous. I'm sorry the yellow is just wrong. Now the purple is fine but lose the yellow bowtie...I dunno maybe I'm off but I just don't like it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ Agreed. I dunno about the color scheme, but good for them.

6. Jay

Jay

The yellow resembles his hair, I don't like it :S but they're adorable together!!!

7. Lolguy

This is so nice to see: A school that actually doesn't give a crap about the sexual orientations of their students.

8. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I think the tux it a little naff, but what ever they want. There was a gay couple At my prom and the There tuxes were Identical with pink, they were very nice. Also i is good to see society change, one day in the future nobody will give a crap and anybody will be able to be with anybody.