1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisconsin governor seeks to stop defense of state's domestic partner registry

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 17, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/121956273.html

2. Emberstone

scott walker is just working overtime to get recalled, isent he? he is like 7 months and counting before people can start collecting signatures.

3. Lolguy

And now everyone can see the type of person we have to deal with here in Wisconsin! Let me tell you, when he proposed his "plan" to "fix" our budget, everything went to absolute hell. Protests and such. I was at one of those too, and it got crazy.

But yeah, it seems as if he really wants to get recalled.

4. Emberstone

don't worry, I have never been to wisconson, and I have been keeping an eye on the rightwing, republican bullshit that is coming out of wisconson lately.

I love how all their so-claimed cost-cutting measures, such as taking away people's rights (domestic partnership and union rights) actually dont save the state anything, and in the end, at least with cutting union rights, are costing the state more since the state now has to pay to defend a law the courts refuse to let go into action.

I say remove the paychecks of every republican politician (one complaigned that 160k a year is not enough to be paid, so he understands his fellow wisconsioner's pain *when the average yearly household income in the state is like 37k.*), and let them give that money to help pay off the debt they are creating with their anti-middleclass, anti-freedom, anti-worker, anti-american bullshit.

this is not facistopia, so go find your own plot of land, and leave america alone, scott walker, douchebag extrodinare.

5. RedState

>>>"One that campaigned that 160K a year is not enough to be paid."
    I guess that is like former Rep. Butler Derrick (D-SC) saying when defending Congressional pay raises in the 1980's "I can't live off $90,000 a year" huh?

I don't know what 1980's dollars is in today's dollars...but I imagine it is quite a bit.
    Just simply pointing that out.

#5 RedState, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. Emberstone

there are always dicks in politics... and sometimes cigars too.