1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Commends Netanyahu's Pro-Gay Words

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 26, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/05/25/Frank_Commends_Netanyahus_ProGay_Words/

2. Fintan

Very true. Israel is by far the best country in the Middle East in regards to the treatment of LGBT people. It often seems more European than Middle Eastern.

3. Emberstone

I wonder if fundementalist christian politicians will now turn on isreal... I always got the feeling that their support of isreal was only about their desire to bring rapture by getting the temple rebuilt, since it is not uncommon for fundie preachers to make anti-semetic comments.

Will they support isreal's support for lgbt rights and protections?

4. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's nice. If only he were similarly sympathetic to the Palestinian people.

5. Emberstone

honestly, I think that it will be hard to get either side to the table because both are acting basically the same; they don't want to give an inch.

Interested to see if the palestinians would support lgbt rights.

6. RedState

>>>Interested to see if the Palestinians would support lgbt rights.
    I'll put $100 down and say no.

7. Fintan

^ This.

8. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I met a queer Palestinian woman tonight. She sort of confirmed through her own story that indeed, the Israelis do not treat them equally whether its in Israel or in Palestinian territories.

One strategy that the Palestinians could employ, and has been discussed before, is abandoning the effort to seek statehood, and instead, seek incorporation into Israel and demanding citizenship and political rights for its people such as the right to vote in Israeli elections. The Israelis definitely will not want that to happen, thus, will be forced to concede to Palestinian sovereignty and statehood.

9. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ I like you.

---------- Post added 30th May 2011 at 03:00 AM ----------

Also, just because Palestinian Arab culture is less tolerant of homosexuality than Jewish Israeli culture doesn't mean that they deserve any to live in the conditions in which they currently do.