1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Republicans advocating gay marriage will increase in Iowa, former lawmaker says

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://iowaindependent.com/56949/re...ge-will-increase-in-iowa-former-lawmaker-says

2. steel03

Basically, people are finally starting to get that Bob Vander Plaats and Steve King are batshit. As far as I know, most of our major cities are totally on board (Des Moines sure is), as well as a lot of the smaller towns. Most of the antagonism is coming from southern and western Iowa. We have a saying here: if Iowa gave the land south of Des Moines to Missouri, both states' average IQs would gain ten points. >=]

3. Nodnarb

Usually the saying is just the lower two tiers of counties. And as somebody from the second tier, I have to admit that it's probably true. There really is a bit of a culture shock when I move back-and-forth between home in southwest Iowa to college in central Iowa.

4. Emberstone

I hope they realize that they will be facing a uphill battle getting such groups going.

GOProud is making quite a name for itself by supporting homophobic politicians.

Let us see if they go down the same route.