1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Gay Day” warnings flown over Disney World

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.wmctv.com/story/14839607/gay-day-warnings-flown-over-disney-world

2. stageone

warning? sounds like free advertising to me. whatever.

3. Emberstone

Maybe we should warn people about the fact that the 'Florida Family Association' is connected to documented hate groups, including emotional and sexually unstable people like Scott Lively, who recently created a coffee house in Mass to get kids to skip school to visit so he could teach them to hate da gays, while he hired a pedophile who was on the run from the law to serve girls the same age as his many victims, and has been trying to push that nazi's were all gay (even though historical fact is that nazi's were technically white christians, and they massacured 26k gay people, which while is nothing on the number of jewish people who were genocided, is still a horrific tragedy.)

There is a reason alot of these groups like this are considered hate groups... because they are. Fundementalist christanity, like all religions, have no place in legislation of law... because they care only about their ego, not the rights of others.

4. RedState

Well, not to start a whole other discussion but just for clarification, there were a ton of high level Nazi's that were raging homosexuals..Ernst Rohm one of Hitler's closest allies and head of the S.A. was in bed with another man when he was killed during the "Night of the Long Knifes"...under Hitler's and Himmler's orders I must add.

That is all, just wanted to interject a little historical notation for you. Have a good night :slight_smile:

#4 RedState, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  5. lol. basically all I think of this is that the gay day participants are going to be shown as generally nice, normal people, throwing the d-baggery of the flag bearing homophobes and haters into sharp relief. I don't see how this will harm the queer community at all...

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Seriously xD

But I do agree that Disney should warn people about it. There are people that plan their vacations and get there to find the parks PACKED which would suck for any tourist. It would also be uncomfortable for the homophobes and their families.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol I disagree The Edend. I think the ONLY thing Disney should ever warn people about is the fact their parks are almost always packed and should expect long lines.

8. Emberstone

besides, it is a twenty year tradition that disney has been doing. Besides, it is private property. anyone who doesnt like it can go to that museum in kansa that claims human's kept dinosaurs as pets, and used them for transportation.

9. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought Walt Disney World was a no-fly zone? Have they violated that or something? :confused:

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Walt Disney World Resort, in Central Florida (near Orlando). The zone extends to 3,000 feet (910 metres) in a 3-nautical-mile (5.6-kilometre) radius centered from the Main Spire of Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom Theme Park. Though implemented for security according to the FAA, the decision has been controversial. In 2003, a conservative Christian group filed a lawsuit claiming that the ruling infringed on its First Amendment right to fly banners to proselytize to visitors during the unofficial Gay Days at Walt Disney World."

Soo they've been trying to do this before, and apparently decided to break the rules this time around (if not before)

11. Emberstone

Here is a way to stop it. send them a letter sayi8ng "flying banners over walt disney world... dayum, thats such a gay thing to do."