1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santorum Wants Constitutional Amendment Banning Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Dan82

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqbGkEq9-yg&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Americans, do NOT let this man become President.

3. Emberstone

The way he talks, we are a few statements away from "segregation now!, segregation forever!"

He is one of the most melavolent cannidates we have seen in a long time.

4. Adam

Why would he even announce this, there is no way someone could win with views like that.
    What an idiot...

5. Mr.Pushover

The majority of americans support same sex marriage, so i doubt he has the majority in his hands

6. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more mentioning that Pennsylvannians hated him so much that we voted him out of office 59%-41% the largest an incumbet republican has ever lost in this state.

7. Emberstone

Santorum: the frothy mix of fecal matter and lubricant formed from buttsecks.

You can't be elected a republican presidential nominee without the fundiementalist christian bigotted right wing machine. No republican has gotten that nomination in well over 40 years without courting the nutjobs who think and talk like santorum.

8. Raeil

Seriously...? You're going to use the "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!" excuse? You do realize that the children aren't actually affected by having two dads, two moms, or one mom and one dad, right? I mean, there have been multiple studie..... you know what, forget it. The majority of America disagrees with you now, so it doesn't actually matter that you're wrong. You'll lose anyway.

9. British Lad

British Lad Guest

In the words of Ivan Drago: You will lose

10. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If it's essential to the family, then surely you'd want gay couples to get married? For the sake of their children? Or the children they're going to adopt?

Just using a bit of logic there, Santorum. :wink: (Y)

11. kwyjibo

From Urban Dictionary:

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bahahahaha

13. Emberstone

still think we need to have the word 'Palin' mean "dumb as a stump covered in bird droppings."

14. Danielle

Danielle Guest

He does have an uneducated view but really who didn't expect him to say that?

15. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He talks about children needing a mom and a dad and that's the best family model to raise them. First of all that's not true so he's either uneducated on that fact or he's lying. Secondly, there are lots of kids with gay parents and they need the same protections that marriage helps provide. Finally, he should be working on an amendment to prohibit single people and gay couples from adopting or having kids in any way. Banning gay couples from marriage doesn't stop them from raising kids so he's talking about the wrong topic.

Then he gets into religious freedom and that's such a load of crap since banning gay couples from marriage is actually restricting religious liberty of those churches that want to unite gay people in marriage. No church is currently forced to marry a couple they don't want to, and that hasn't changed in Iowa, for example, and won't change when we have equality in the whole country. :tantrum:

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2011 at 12:12 PM ----------

I hope all the GOP candidates proudly and loudly say stuff like this and Pres. Obama beats the nominee by an even larger margin that he did McLame. The GOP will, however, continue to move away from the pro-discrimination stand and the "christian" evangelical/fundi people and their influence will soon come to an end. Thank God for that.

16. RedState

Santorum announces for the Presidency.
    In a related story one of my black labs, Bailey, has announced her candidacy as well..in hopes to become the first first black girl president.

Their chances are about the same.

Why is this surprising, or even news for that matter? Every candidate has to migrate to the right or left of their base to obtain their respective nominations...it's nothing new.

Granted Santorum has a more 'enthusiastic' stance when it comes to homosexuals, but it's hardly an earth shattering statement.

17. Meropspusillus

Obama and Clinton were fighting incredibly hard over their nomination. Neither of them went as far left from their views as republicans regularly go right. I don't really see how they "went" that far left at all. The republican party caters to the far right far more than the democrats cater to the far left.

This is why we need a better system than the dumb two-party one we have now >_>.

18. Tim

Tim

It's not a 2 party system.

There are way more. Just so happens for the most part, people in congress are one or the other.

19. RedState

Well, not necessarily.

Just as an example of migration from the left to center look at The President's stance on GITMO and the conflict in the Middle East. He campaigned heavily against those two items yet once if office rightly discovered that there is a vast difference between campaigning and actually governing (as most always do) and took a more centrist approach by 1) keeping GITMO open (despite the EO) 2) increasing the number of boots on the ground in AFG...which both angered his left base.

I don't fault him for those decisions, because in both cases he did what simply needed to be done and I believe was the right call.

Bill Clinton had..and is and will remain..to have one of the greatest political minds I have ever studied. He could get on the stump and and preach the benefits of the "welfare state" (using that for a simple lack of a better phrase) to thousands of adoring followers, yet migrate from that to a more centrist view and worked with Congress to pass sweeping welfare reform in the 90's.

One area with Obama that you do have a point with is his stance on gay marriage. While most candidates would flock to the left and openly support it as a candidate, he did not. While it is within everyone's right to change their mind on any given issue, he did not waiver throughout the campaign..both with the nomination and general election. Which, quite frankly, surprised me.

I do agree with you that I honestly think we could benefit from a legitimate 3rd party...but sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon.

20. Emberstone

I still cant take seriously any cannidate who took home a dead fetus of a premature baby so his children can cuddle and spend time with it.

I wish I was making that up, but Santorum did it.

He is emotionally and mentally abnormal.