1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracy Morgan

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by PhantomX, Jun 9, 2011.

1. PhantomX

I saw this article and thought it was totally crazy! I liked how the audience responded to Tracy, but his comments are disturbing.

2. steel03

My goodness. I'm interested to see where this goes. 30 Rock is such a great show and I wouldn't want it to be spoiled by this.

3. Paper Heart

I generally watch for Tina and Alec. Tracy has just done the same character over and over and I'm just bored with him. However, I'm sure that he's about to go all Michael Richards after this one.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

I never liked 30 Rock because of his character. The rest were good/ok,but he was just so annoying.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2 things.

1. The arguments on the comment section of the article are ticking me off al ittle >_> Though not that I'd expect anything else lol.

and 2. Give me five minutes in a room with this man and he'll wish he was never born. (I know...dark....but just what he said pissed me off more than any shit O'Reilly, Phelps, etc have ever said)

6. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This crap offends me as a gay man AND a black man. I CANNOT with this insanity.

and he says he'd stab his own son to death if he was gay and if he didn't "talk like a man"? are you KIDDING me?

God, Tracy. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The stuff he said was so STUPID it makes me want to smack my head into the wall.

Liz Lemon is one of my favorite television characters ever. Jack, Jenna, Kenneth, Ceirie, Frank, Lutz, everyone else on that show all rule; Tracy is boring and he sucks. Fictionally and in real life. He ruins 30 Rock and he's a moron in reality. I phase out his lines on the show and enjoy everyone else. The episodes where he wasn't in it cos he was in Africa were awesome.

I actual wonder how Tina Fey feels about this (*cough*firehim*cough*), because I've seen/read quite a few pro-gay interviews with her ('Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn’t mean I don’t love America')

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2011 at 06:58 PM ----------

I thought I would share the Facebook note made by the Man who first alerted everyone to what had been said, you can read it below;

WHY I NO LONGER "LIKE" Tracy Morgan - A MUST READ
    by Kevin Rogers on Saturday, 04 June 2011 at 05:42

So tonight was the night, Tracy Morgan in the hallowed halls of the Ryman Auditorium. I always giggle a little bit when I think that the legends of country music must be rolling over in their graves knowing that there are raunchy comics on their stage. I've been a big fan of his since his days at SNL. The show was your typical hysterical dick, cum and pussy humor... I have to say it was hilarious and well worth at least 40% of the $86 we spent per ticket to see him. I figured at some point the gay jokes would fly and I'm well prepared for a good ribbing of straight gay humor. I have very thick skin when it comes to humor; I can dish and I can take. What I can't take is when Mr. Morgan took it upon himself to mention about how he feels all this gay shit was crazy and that women are a gift from God and that "Born this Way" is bullshit, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because "God don't make no mistakes" (referring to God not making someone gay cause that would be a mistake). He said that there is no way a woman could love and have sexual desire for another woman, that's just a woman pretending because she hates a fucking man. He took time to visit the bullshit of this bullying stuff and informed us that the gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying. He mentioned that gay was something kids learn from the media and programming, and that bullied kids should just bust some ass and beat those other little fuckers that bully them, not whine about it. He said if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. He mentioned that Barack Obama needed to man up and quit being all down with this just because he has a wife and two daughters. All of this being followed by thunderous cheer and "You go Tracys". Tracy then said he didn't fucking care if he pissed off some gays, because if they can take a fucking dick up their ass... they can take a fucking joke.

The sad thing is that none of this rant was a joke. His entire demeanor changed during that portion of the night. He was truly filled with some hate towards us. As far as I could see 10 to 15 people walked out. I had to fight myself to stay seated, but I knew if I got up... he won. He wanted to piss people off and get a rise. I didn't let him win by chasing me off, he surely didn't get any applause or laughter from me after that point - mainly because he was no longer funny to me. I wasn't holding back, it just wasn't funny. I won't even get started on his rant about how women should be home cooking him a fucking meal and not becoming CEOs or him talking about fucking the moms of retards.

Once again, I can take a joke. I find all sorts of things that are inappropriate funny. Life is too serious to not laugh and enjoy some humor. I now no longer enjoy Tracy Morgan's humor. It's sad that I now have to take some inventory of my love of "30 Rock".

I'm not angry... just very very very disappointed.

BY THE WAY... FEEL FREE TO SHARE with all of your friends!

9. Markio

Nooo!! I've been let down by someone I thought was really funny...

Especially because he's been willing to play crossdressing prisoners in The Longest Yard, and poke fun at Sherri Shepard for her lack of knowledge on The View, I thought he would have been more supportive. On a positive note, it's good to know that there are nicer audiences in Tennessee than I would have guessed.

#9 Markio, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  10. steel03

I actually do like him on 30 Rock. I didn't at first, but he's grown on me a lot and I think he and Jane Krakowski's Jenna Maroney are hilarious together. I don't honestly know if the show would survive Morgan getting fired. Remember the whole premise of 30 Rock is that Jack comes in and forces Liz to hire Tracy and revamp her show to fit him in. And they did make a huge deal at the end of this season about how TGS would be cancelled without Tracy.
    There are a bunch of characters on the show I like a lot more (Kenneth Kenneth Kenneth Kenneth Kenneth), but Tracy is necessary. Which is why I'm interested to see how Tina Fey handles this.

11. aidan

I've never heard of him before today but sheesh, the guy sounds like a moron.

"I'm not a hateful person and I don't condone any kind of violence against others", he says, after making a hate inspired, violence condoning speech. I wonder what his son must be thinking.

12. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, no. Oh hell no. There's no way in hell a simple apology will undo/fix this. It just cannot take care of something like saying you'd stab your son if he were gay. A non-hateful person doesn't say anything like that. Something said like that and the other crap he was saying isn't a typical joke gone too far. He meant every word he said. This was no "mistake." Not to mention we're still living in a world in which kids are killing themselves over their perceived sexualities. Seriously, what if his son turned out to be gay and he ended up trying to take his own life?

No dice, Tracy.

13. x2x2x2x2y2

Chris Rock tweeted this:

I dont know about you, but I dont want to live in world where Tracy Morgan cant say foul inappropriate shit.

-------

Smh.

And Tracy's apology was so fake. Ugh. I just want his career to tank already.

14. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. I never liked him, now I have a reason to hate him.

15. Tracy Lord

I was hoping someone would respond to Rock's tweet with this:

matthewlachlan Matthew Bird
    @
    .@chrisrock I bet you didn't feel the same way about Michael Richards

16. x2x2x2x2y2

Glad to see I'm not alone. I rented the first season but couldn't get through the first disc because of his character.

17. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt:

I speak for NBC and myself personally when I say we do not condone hate or violence of any kind and I am pleased to see Tracy Morgan apologizing for recent homophobic remarks in his standup appearance. We will always recognize an artist’s freedom to express him or herself, but not when reckless things are said no matter what the context. Unfortunately, Tracy’s comments reflect negatively on both “30 Rock” and NBC – two very all-inclusive and diverse organizations – and we have made it clear to him that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

Tina Fey, Star and Executive Producer 30 Rock:

I'm glad to hear that Tracy apologized for his comments. Stand-up comics may have the right to "work out" their material in its ugliest and rawest form in front of an audience, but the violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community.

It also doesn't line up with the Tracy Morgan I know, who is not a hateful man and is generally much too sleepy and self-centered to ever hurt another person.

I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian coworkers at "30 Rock", without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket.

The other producers and I pride ourselves on "30 Rock" being a diverse, safe, and fair workplace.

18. JudasKissedHIM

I saw a cool tweet on Twitter: The stuff Tracy Morgan said on stage came from his heart; the stuff he said in his apology came from his publicist.

19. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  20. JudasKissedHIM

If NBC doesn't fire him I'll at least be able to download 30 Rock from Pirate Bay without feeling guilty :icon_redf