1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentary about the "Don't Say Gay Bill."

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RyanCodey, Jun 12, 2011.

1. RyanCodey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why does this topic merit a documentary?

While SB49 is presented as a bill to protect the rights of parents to educate their children on social issues, and in it’s current form doesn’t seem overtly harmful, the principles it’s based on make it disturbing to many. We want to address the following....

Why are we placing a taboo on something that is a large part of the lives of many students? Whether they themselves are gay, or if they have parents or relatives that are, should we make them feel like they can’t talk about it and there’s something wrong with it?
    9 out of every 10 students in school who identify themselves as part of the GLBTQ community have reported being bullied. Does this legislation make it harder to address this situation?
    This bill is centered around “Sex Education”, why can’t we discuss GLBTQ relationships without having to talk about the sexual aspect?
    What will the film consist of?

Interviews with students who have found themselves the victim of bullies because they are part of the GLBTQ community, or because they merely appear to be part of it.
    Interviews with parents and teachers about their experiences and how they believe the bill will effect them.
    In-depth analysis of the bill with community leaders, lawmakers, lawyers, and therapists. We’ll address the ramifications of the bill, and the underlying situations it could cause.
    A straightforward view into the GLBTQ community and the way legislation such as SB49 effects it.

Please read more about the documentary at sayinggay.com

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry but when I hear about "Don't Say Gay" I just remember this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVTRLa9Qp8[/youtube]

3. Emberstone

I still think we should ban all mentions of god and jesus from that states school, because it infringes upon a parents rights to educate their childrens on religion.

it is only fair.