1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space Needle to Raise Pride Flag During Seattle Pride

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EWU2012, Jun 15, 2011.

1. EWU2012

2. No One

Wasn't it just last month that they said they wouldnt be flying the flag?

3. EWU2012

Yes at first they stated that they were not going to fly the flag. Then becuase there was such a backlash from the community a few days ago they said that if the community was able to raise $50,000 which would be donated to 4 different LGBT charities then they would fly it. They even pitched in the first $5,000. Today they stated that the amount was not at $13,000 but also that no matter what they will fly the flag. So they will march it in the Parade at the beginning then once it is done they will raise it on the Space Needle.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *facepalm* I know this sounds ridiculous....but frankly...I think it's kind of silly. They said prior to that they only fly a flag once. So I dunno, I found the whole backlash silly and unnecessary.

5. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

The space needle doesnt even fly the National flag.

6. NickT

This. Sigh.

7. Mr.Pushover

I like that they're doing it. They only fly flags every so often, so don't get all "this is dumb". It's not dumb at all. I'll also be flying into Seattle that day so I'll get to see it xD

8. EWU2012

Thats actually not true they have flown the University of Washingtons flag as well as the flag of Washington State University. They also always fly the 12th Man flag during the football season and they have for the Seattle Storm. So they have flown other flags in the past.