1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All eyes on NY as pressure mounts for gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AtmaWeapon, Jun 19, 2011.

1. AtmaWeapon

All eyes on NY as pressure mounts for gay marriage | Golf Talk

I've e-mailed both senators in a last ditch attempt to do my part in swaying them to vote in favor of it, going so far as to take a religious viewpoint as well as a separation of church and state POV because I just find it so sad that religion which theoretically should be about morality is the main reason these people are undecided if giving people rights is a good idea or not.

I would think the moral conscience of a fifth grader would know the answer is 'yes' that it's moral to give rights and not deny them, but I guess this is how prejudice cloaked in the guise of religion distorts basic moral common sense like that...sigh.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazing that everyone is looking at NYC now...

3. NickT

"If I take the Catholic out of me...then they should absolutely have these rights." Right there should be a big hint to legalize it. You are a politician, not a priest.