1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compared to Straight Peers, LGBT Youth...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campa...04780846/rid:46fb647ac3f4401f4dfc1e3068c38c3d

I dunno if this has been posted before but..

2. Rikudo

Can't really say this is shocking stuff.

3. Bibliophile

Revan what exactly do you want Congress to do? What should a body who's purpose is to deal with the legal side of running the US have to do about this? Assault and rape are already illegal. Drug rehabilitation programs are in place in every city I have been to and there are thousands of anitdrug efforts in schools across the US. Bullying is unfair but really I think that teaching these kids to stand up for themselves is a much better idea then telling everyone to play nice and always love and respect each others differences. There are people and ideas I just don't like and that is my right. However doing things to threaten a person because of this is not ok and that should be punished in accordance to the law. However telling people that they must accept something is not ok. Teach these kids to stand up for what is right and not to be victims and it will be far better then any anitbullying program could be.

But that still leads me to why should congress have to do that? Why cant people in the LGBT community work in there own areas to get that started? Parents teach your sons or daughters not to allow others to walk all over them. Teach these kids that the mass herd of sheep that most of them go to school with should not formulate the self image they hold nor how they feel about who they are. Teach kids to stand by there friends in hard times and to stick up for someone they see being picked on. Oh and stop punishing BOTH people in a fight. If a bully starts it but the victim wipes the floor with them the bully should be the only one punished. Things like this might send the message that we will not be silent nor will we lay down to be walked on. Expecting others to do what you yourself can do is not the mentality of strength and independence that you want.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhh dude? I just posted this. Why are you asking me these questions? Ask the freaking writer of it. So instead of sounding like a know-it-all and asking me what I want them to do, think and realize I just posted this and wasn't saying "oh the government should do something!" Good job though at looking like a smart ass.

5. Bibliophile

Well the fact that you posted it would seem to me that you agree with the sentiment of the news piece or you might have posted your own add to it. Also the fact that you are so hurt by a question that you feel attacked says a lot about you. I posted nothing more then a simple question and my thoughts on what should be done.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you had posted a simple question then sure. But instead you went into a long explanation about what the government is doing. Question, do you think the people who post all these different articles in this section read every single one thoroughly or agree or disagree? It's news, so we post. I posted it because of the statistics. I realize at the end it says, time for Congress to do it's part, and maybe I shouldn't have cut it off right there, but I just copied and pasted. And I don't feel attacked, I just feel you were being a smart ass about it. Plain and simple.

7. Bibliophile

Umm maybe I am expecting a bit much but I would figure if something is important enough to bring here that yes one would read it totally and heck maybe do a little background on it. Then having read it yes I would figure that a person would form their own thoughts and stance on the matter.
    As for being a smart ass well I simply meant it as if you agree with the artical what more should they be doing. Innocent enough question when I posted it. The rest of it was just my take on the article.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatever. I brought it here because it was from the CDC, and the stats are not only alarming but unfortunate. This whole thread has turned into nothing more than a back and forth between us, and clearly making no point. If an admin wishes to close this they can, otherwise people can just comment.