1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannity To Jon Huntsman: Sure You Want Gays To Have Civil Unions?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Dan82

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPhUgLNQi1c&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

2. Shevanel

Saw this on the airplane yesterday because the lady next to Jesse accidentally pushed the channel button with her elbow for our tv, and Jesse was too afraid to ask her to move xD This Jon Huntsman guy doesn't seem to be too bad of a guy though (based on this interview at least), he seems rather genuine.

3. Emberstone

Dear God, are you sure you want to allow Sean Hannity to continue to claim he follows you, cause you know that reflects poorly on you, oh supreme being of creation... That, and he contradicts your teachings with his 9 year old mentality oratoriacal bile and fact-ignoring.

4. concklin

I kinda like him. If I actually knew about the economy well enough to have opinions in that area, who knows. But it sounds like he has equality for LGBTs on the mind. In my opinion, marriage isn't the MOST important goal in our quest for equality, but it sounds like he's all about the rights, and not about the word "marriage", since he doesn't want to "redefine" marriage. And the rights that opposite-sex married couples have is really all we care about.

And it's good to see that he's consistent in his word. I saw him on CNN this morning, and he said the exact same thing. With CNN being more liberal than FOX, I was wondering if he'd say the same things on FOX, and he did. So he sounds like a good guy.

Of course, the time to watch for contradictions of his word is if he gets elected president.

#4 concklin, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  5. Raeil

I saw his announcement to run for President on The Daily Show or Colbert Report, can't remember which, and this interview gave me a little bit of hope for the Republican party. I'm traditionally conservative, though I lean much more liberal now than I did a year ago, so we'll see if this Huntsman fellow can hold his own against Romney and the other candidates.

6. Emberstone

it is more of a issue if he can hold his own against the fundie evangelical conservatives no republican presidential canidate has won the nomination without.

his moderate stances is a tick against him, and fundiementalist evangelicals tend to be anti-mormon.