1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRC store vandalized; radical queer group claims responsibility

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2011...ed-radical-queer-group-claims-responsibility/

2. Emberstone

sounds like a GOProud style group: claims to support gay rights, but tends to be homophobic.

HRC is not perfect, but at least they are trying.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's the worst name for a group I've ever heard...I mean really? TRHSTDDSMA?

4. Emberstone

Why don't they just call themselves CRAP? Crude Rude Angry Prats.

5. Mogget

The group name comes from Patricia C Wrede's book Searching for Dragons. And I disagree that they're homophobic. Lots of the more radical gay rights groups see the HRC as traitors to the cause, selling out gays in exchange for proximity to political power.

6. I'm gonna disagree with everyone in this article... I'm not a huge fan of HRC, but vandalism isn't really helping our cause either. I think that the queer community as a whole needs to be more careful about how we do things or we're going to cut ourselves down and people who are against our rights won't have to lift a damn finger. As corny as it sounds, we have to stick together or we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

7. Zontar

There's always a radical wacko in any group.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This is ridiculous. HRC is far from perfect and it really has plenty of flaws, but that stuff seems to happen to any organization that gets too close to politics and too much money. Sad, but true. But even then they have done tons of crap that no other organization has been able to accomplish.

Its sad to see people turning to violence when it isn't necessary to make a point :/

9. Hot Pink

I think there are better ways of showing disagreement than stooping to terrorism.