1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trial to begin in slaying of gay middle school student Larry King

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gay-shooting-20110705,0,4088502.story

2. Paper Heart

Larry King was more brave than I could ever have been at his age.

3. Emberstone

the defense is already trying to build a 'gay panic' defense.... AND IT PISSES ME OFF!

4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

unbelievable. UN. BE. LIEVABLE. What the hell??!! I'm spazzing out over here, this is so terrible and outrageous grrrrrrrr If this bastard doesn't go to jail, and I'm moving to Canada, and Sarah Palin can become president, for all I care about america.

5. Mogget

Yeah, I'm also sick of the gay panic defense. I have no problem with McInerney's attorneys representing him to the best of their ability, but I do have a problem with them bringing out that tired, discredited trope.

6. No One

"How a 14-year-old reacts is different than how an older person would react." Quite right. However, most 14 year olds dont bring a gun to school and shoot people.

I'm sick of the "He was young and didnt understand what he was doing" defense. By the age of 14--hell, by the age of 7 or 8 if not before--kids understand that shooting and killing someone is wrong. Age is no excuse for murder.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope he's found guilty and rots in jail with no chance at parole.

8. British Lad

British Lad Guest

That is blatant Murder, He is going to jail.

9. Emberstone

it was premeditated. panic wasent involved, because he casually and intentionally brought the gun, pulled it out, and shot larry. it really pisses me off that the defense is trying to use a gay panic defense when this was a plotted assination, not a heat-of-the-moment panic.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Plus witnesses said he simply strolled out of the class to disgusted and shocked students and a teacher. If it had been A. spur of the moment, and B. gay panic (which I don't believe is even a real thing) he would of ran out of the class not strolled.

11. aidan

warning: if you're already pissed off don't read the comments on the article. your head may splode from the rage.

12. Cantthinkofone

I was astonished to hear that the guy pleaded not guilty. He shot a fellow student, TWICE (before the second time he apparently turned to face his classmates) and he stood up there and claimed that he was not guilty. What the hell???!!!
    Also in what kind of a messed up society does the attorney base his defense on the claim that King had made "unwanted advances" towards McInerney and hence tries to pass it off as some sort of...self defence??? Does that mean the next guy who makes a lewd comment when I pass him by on the street is fair game? Should we start killing people making "unwanted advances" (assuming that is even true which it most probably isn't) left right and center?
    What really got to me when I was reading the comments was that people were all "ok so the kid could have just beat him up, he didn't have to go as far as to kill him."
    I cannot believe this is still happening in the 21st century.

13. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't even know how to reply, or if I should because I'm so overfilled with disgust. A 14 year old, obviously, knows better than to shoot someone. He should be charged for bringing a gun to school, anyway. The article clearly states that Larry did nothing to provoke him, he simply strolled in, pulled the trigger, and walked out again. If he doesn't get severely punished for his actions, then I don't know what I'll do. I have lost all hope for this country and it's ridiculously corrupted system. How pathetic. I'm getting out of here as soon as possible; to Canada preferably.

14. ChutneyFarmer

If a girl had had a crush on McInerney would he have shot her? I think not. I am sickened at this vile, cold, diabolical, anti-gay killing. I still cannot comprehend how people do these things. McInerney is truly low, and should never be given a second chance.

15. djt820

Thanks for bringing those to my attention. That was funny.