1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFA's Gary Glenn, Linda Harvey: Gays Make Bad Employees

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Dan82

AFA's Gary Glenn, Linda Harvey: Gays Make Bad Employees | On Top Magazine :: Gay & Lesbian News, Entertainment, Commentary & Travel

2. Emberstone

Where is there quantifiable and verifiable proof?

Fundie christians make bad employees because they are intrusive into the private lives of everyone around them, hypocritical, abusive, hatefilled, and ignorant of the world, reality, morality, and ethics.

at least what I said has evidence.

3. Zontar

These are the same people who claim that Muslims should not be allowed to build mosques in the US, while at the same time criticizing a web filtering company for adding their site to their blacklist 12 years ago on the premise of restricting their free speech.

Despite that, you know, both of those freedoms are in the same amendment.

Because their logic makes my brain hurt, I typically don't waste energy on anythng else the AFA has to say.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm mental illness, dunno where that comes from. Yes I'm autistic, fine, but still, do you know how rare it is to find a gay person with a mental disorder? Just as rare as finding someone who's straight, maybe less. After all, according to them, we're the minority since we make up less than 1% of the population so how do we have more mental illness than straight people?

Substance abuse....no that's straight people, see reasoning above again...

AIDS....no comment because it's been touched on time and time again.

Cancer? Yeah that's a load of horse shit. They probably used that study that showed patients with HIV/AIDS were more likely to get cancer. So that's probably their reasoning behind that.

Hepatitis, REALLY? Yeah if hepatitis is soooooo common in gay people, why didn't they just innoculate just the gay students back when they were giving out Hep A and Hep B shots back in the early 2000s. I know I got my shots back in Grade 7 and 8, even felt ill in Grade 8 after the shot for some reason. So if it's more common in gays, why did they give it to everyone? (I might be wrong about the Hep A since I'm not sure if there is a vaccine for it yet, I just could swear the shot I got wasn't JUST Hep B, maybe was Hep C as well? :S

And finally premature death.....well...if there weren't so many freaking hate mongers like the AFA...THERE WOULDN'T BE SO MANY SUICIDES, BASHINGS, MURDERS, AND EVERY OTHER EFFING THING THAT CAUSES "PREMATURE DEATH" IN LGBT COMMUNITY! IF THEY WANT TO SAY WE'RE BAD EMPLOYEES BECAUSE WE DIE TOO SOON, IT'S BECAUSE IT'S THEIR OWN DAMN FAULT!

Please don't take those Caps down, otherwise it doesn't emphasize how mad their statement makes me feel.

5. Mogget

No, that's valid. LGBT people disproportionately suffer from mental illness and drug addiction.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hardly surprising given the sheer number of people who believe demagoguery like this.

it's victim blaming as far as i'm concerned.

7. RaeofLite

I believe that LGBTQ people would suffer from depression and anxiety more compared to some of the rest of the population, but that's because they're so freaking isolated and hated by much of the world, including their own friends and family in some cases. But some of the other claims are ridiculous.

8. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's well known that marginalised minorities have higher rates of mental illness, violence and substance abuse, but the solution isn't to marginalise them further. >.<

9. starfish

It is true. I am a very bad employee. Instead of working I spend most of my days either doing drugs or blowing some random guy.

10. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really, really liked this comment:

"Just more of the same from Mr. Glenn and his ilk. As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am appalled that these jerks suggest that they might represent my faith. The Son of God NEVER went around making terribly slanderous and idiotic statements to entire groups of people. There is exactly no credible evidence that even one of these statements is true or even close. (Christian) Heterosexuals defiled marriage long before anyone tried to get gays equal protection under the law."

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The stupendous level of ignorance exhibited by these asshats never ceases to amaze me.

12. lusantian

...this is so infuriating on so many levels, I don't even know where to start. Don't make me pull statistics on heterosexual marriage abuse/long-term survival - it won't be pretty >_>