1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney rejects gay marriage pledge

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...GLI3Cw?docId=4ebc7b82e4694cce8d9cf6fece497d4c

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I applaud Romney.

3. Meropspusillus

I don't think I'd ever vote for him, but I would much rather he get the nomination than any other of the Republicans.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't either, but at least he has real morals. And knows when to do the right thing more or less.

5. Emberstone

the pledge also includes calls for being faithful to one's spouse... which is why newt gingritch so far is staying away from it.

6. ANightDude

Islamic Law...? Idiot wrote that thing. The odds of Islamic Law being implemented in the US are next to non-existent. Also considering the fact we have freedom of religion and separation of church and state. Of course the Church and State thing doesn't always work, but Islamic Law just can't be legally put into law in the US. It's common knowledge and common sense it's illegal for any religion to implemented their own laws in the US.

7. Emberstone

the closest we have to islamic law is the fundiementalist christians defecating on the constitution and the terms within by trying to force that their religious beliefs be legislated into law.

We have fundie christian shariah law being pushed, but the muslims in america are not advocating for islamic law.

8. Zontar

You know why they were forced to remove the bit about slavery?

Because Black Americans don't put up with shit like this. Props to them.

So why do gay Americans put up with this? There's still not a big enough ruckus to press them to remove it.

9. No One

Because there are enough African Americans in the country (I hope that doesnt sound racist, because I didnt mean it that way at all) that the GOP has to worry about it effecting their ability to win. The GOP knows that they can win without the gay community.

Good for Romney. The pledge is completely ridiculous.

10. Shevanel

What about Gary Johnson?

11. RedState

>>>....there are enough African Americans that the GOP has to worry about it effecting their ability to win.

Not necessarily with a national election...that does apply, however, to local races and Congressional races where the BVAP is 25% or greater.

Not meaning to sound too harsh, but both the Republicans and Democrats know they can win without the gay community....but, then again something like this is almost impossible to factor from a statistical standpoint, because there is no such thing as a GVAP record.

But, I always thought all these pledges were silly...every group in the world has some kind of pledge they want Members of Congress and the President to sign...if it is not the anti-war people it's the tax people...if it's not them it's the Yodeler's Association from Minneapolis...

Besides, most politicians break pledges all the time...many start off violating the most important pledge of all...the pledge to actually do a good job.

#11 RedState, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011