1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A’s suspend top pitching prospect Ian Krol for tweet

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Dan82

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The A's?

3. Eric

Oakland Athletics.

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I thought this was a thread on “Pretty Little Liars”. I swear that’s the only reason I came in here LOL. But reading that post... I’m glad I came in here.

5. Emberstone

kingkrol... hmmm, ego much?

who wants to bet that the right wingers are going to bitchfest about this being a infringement of his freedom of speech... they dont seem to get that you can say what you want, but that doesnt mean you are protected from consequences for saying things publicly like that. The A's have a brand to protect, and bigottry doesnt shine well upon them, expecially in a shifting society that is more accepting of LGBT people. They had to protect the brand's legitimacy, and show that while this ego-centric asstard may be a douchebag, they have standards.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh...I thought it was talking about the Raikage.

[​IMG]

His name's A too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Bibliophile

Yes and if an LGBT person made a provocative comment yet was basically fired people would be up in arms. A personal comment made on a personal twitter page has no bearing on this mans ability to do his job nor does it really affect the company he works for so long as maybe they issue a statement saying that the twitter page contains his views alone and not the views of the company.
    By your logic anyone that makes a foolish or ignorant comment on their social networking page should be able to be fired for it. So pretty much you had better censor yourself if you want to continue to work....
    Wait what line are we going to draw on what is damaging to the company? I mean if you talk about a crazy party you went to in college should you be able to be fired because hey the company has standards on doesn't want to look like it supports binge drinking and lewd behavior? What about a statement that supports gay marriage from the employee of a rather conservative company?
    When it comes to basic freedoms it really is an all or none deal.

8. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest