1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheryl Swoopes is not a lesbian, now engaged to marry a man

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

2. NickT

Lots of people tend to forget about bisexuality. Sigh.

3. Katelynn

That's true, a lot of people do forget about bisexuality, but after coming out as a lesbian, it does sort of throw people for a second when she announces an engagement to a man. She certainly has every right to her life & to not have to explain it, and I'm sure many people come out as gay before sometimes settling on being bisexual/pansexual, so that's understandable too. I'm just saying how I can see how people might be confused how she came out as a lesbian and then later announce an engagement to a man. She's got every right to live her life without people questioning her tho!

4. Chandra

As far as I understand she never actually said she was a lesbian - that's what the media labelled her. Also, she stated once that she doesn't believe she was born gay. I like the way the writer in the above article treated the story, actually - one of the more reasoned and thoughtful responses that I've seen.

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

hey, it's her life- if she's bi, she's bi, and she's lucky to have found someone she wants to spend the rest of her life with- that's what we all want, anyway

6. RedState

Didn't Ann Heche do the same thing?

7. Emberstone

anne hache did alot of things that are not easy to rationalize or make sense of.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I was all ready to post Sheryl Swoopes aka Anne Heche but you beat me to it.

9. Chandra

Why is it difficult to rationalize or make sense of someone dating a woman and then later on dating or marrying a man?

10. Shevanel

I believe he was playing off the whole "Anne Heche is a psycho hose beast" media joke. But yeah, there's nothing irrational about dating a woman then dating a man, it's just the media labeling people, which is bullshit. Even if both of these women did say they were lesbians, they can sure as hell date whoever they want. No one has to answer to anybody.

11. AtmaWeapon

Lesbian or not, I believe in exceptions to 'the rule.' Good for her, either way, if she has found someone she wants to spend a generous portion of her life with in a committed relationship.