1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans in Afghanistan: Update on Jenn & Transgender Military Service

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TheEdend, Jul 22, 2011.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its a pretty awesome story :slight_smile:

2. Tracy Lord

Am I reading this right? The US Army is NOT discharging someone who's trans?

3. Zontar

I don't think that "counts" under DADT...unless you're a transwoman and a lesbian and vice versa.

Needless to say, it's all been repealed now anyway.

4. Tracy Lord

I would have thought Ts would be discharged because GID is a recognized psychological "disorder."

5. Bibliophile

Well not everyone that has a "disorder" is discharged. I mean those that are depressed are not booted though they may not be able to handle a firearm till they get help. There are even rules for Transsexuals (please someone call me if I use this in correctly. I really am not up to speed on proper terms when it comes to the T in LGBT.) who enlist. I am sure you already know this but in the enlistment papers it states that you must be fully post operative to be placed in barracks with your "chosen" genders recruits. If I come off insensitive or misused a term in that explanation please I meant no offense as I said I have some learning to do on the T portion of LGBT.