1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerry acknowledges gay marriage change

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politi...iage-change/1BkSv0gFq3qIYzLyLp5gbL/index.html

2. Raeil

Oddly enough, I find the best part of the article to be this single sentence:

"We cannot afford to be imprisoned by politics that say your views are not allowed to grow as you gain knowledge and experience."

American politics has been very much a "you stick to your guns, and never change your opinion" kind of place, but in any other field that is considered a huge weakness. If you never change your views based on evidence, then you will never be a good scientist, economist, strategist, market analyst, businessman, etc. Hopefully the American people will realize this soon, and will adjust their politics accordingly. (Yeah, I know it's optimistic, but... I want it to be true sooooo badly)

Apologies to our members from other countries who have similar political problems. I would comment on those, but don't have the knowledge to do so.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I both like and dislike how he "came out". On one hand it was a more ordinary fashion than trying to make such a big spectacle of it in a conference. Same time, being a politician, letting people know he supports us would be better served in such a format...because he can influence people.