1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New york senator declares hate war on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by hoping, Jul 28, 2011.

1. hoping

NY Senator: ‘Today We Start The War! Against Same-Sex Married Couples | The New Civil Rights Movement

What a damn freak, I really wonder what he would say if people said war should be declared on latino immigrants or on relgious leaders?? how he would feel then?
    Its funny that these people who say they love america and want to serve the country and yet they are everything the us goes against, especially its framers.
    For a party that loves the bill of rights and consitution, all hates like tea party and extremist republicans dont seem to remember these words in their consititution '' All me are created equal''

2. Melusine

Fuck that bastard. Seriously. Sorry I'm not being more insightful but my immediate reaction is just blind rage.

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Diaz is late to the party. The "war" started a decade ago and it's over. He lost. He just can't admit it yet. Honestly, it's best to just ignore people like this. Their time has passed and it isn't coming back.

4. DarkClarity

The world is in chaos. There are so many problems and big issues. There's been a number of natural disasters; there's a global financial crisis; there's famine and poverty; climate change is still a major issue and there are governments oppressing thier own people and killing some.

That being said, this idiot want to target a small minority in society who just want to be treated equally? What a pathetic man. Surely he should be focusing on serving the people who elected him by using his influence to help come up with a plan to deal with the US debt and trying to deal with the major issues facing the state. That's what I would do but then again unlike so many of the political elite around the world I was blessed with a bit of common sense and I don't have a seriously :***: up ego.

We live in such a Mad World.

5. Emberstone

in the wake of a right wing fundementalist christian terrorist killing nearly a hundred people in coordinated attacks against the goverment in Norway, it is really chilling to see an american politician, and fundementalist christian declaring war on american citizens for not fitting his anti-consitution, anti-jesus, anti-america agenda of hatred, ignorance, and violent rhetoric.

diaz is looking like a one term politician.

He does not have any moral authority, because at no point in his life has he ever showned even a shred of morality.

but his son, on the other hand, is a human being with a soul and a brain:

Blabbeando: Ruben Diaz, Jr. on his father's homophobia, Blabbeando on NY1 Noticias

an interview where his own sun pushes back against his fathers hatefilled, violent rhetoric, and also points out that his father is dead wrong about the constitution, and that there is a clearly noted seperation of church and state both in the federal constitution, and in the state of new york's consitution... if only Diaz Sr. refusal to uphold both constitutions would be sufficent to have him forcefully removed from office.

you do not hand a gun to a mentally disturbed convicted murderer... in the same way, you dont give political office to someone with rhetoric that would have made adolf hitler blush with pride.

6. steel03

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

7. Shevanel

Diaz stopped being relevant after NY passed Same Sex Marriage.

8. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

^ Hey, I know that song :slight_smile: I bet this was the kind of sh*t Gary Jules was getting at. And this guy "declaring war"- he's just some poor moron looking for attention. it's over, he's lost that battle.

9. Shevanel

Too bad Gary Jules didn't write it. Roland Orzabal of Tears for Fears did. Just saying.

10. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

:eusa_doh: sorry- i'm watching an episode of Criminal Minds right now, and it's depressing me, therefor, distracting me. trust me, i'm not usually that much of a moron lol

11. Emberstone

but you have to remeber, that to a fundie christian, the words are actually "fuck you, you're not me. go to hell, cause god hates you because you're not me, now suck my dick, kiss my boots, and get the fuck out of my way cause god hates you and therefore I have the right to take away your rights cause fuck you fuck you fuck you."

^this basically is the way of religious whackjobs like diaz sr. the the run-on sentence is their sword, because when you have no leg to stand on morally or ethically, you gotta be extra billigerent to be heard, cause if you arn't, no one will listen.

12. Mogget

These people have the audacity to quote those words when arguing that LGBT people don't deserve equal rights. I can't hear that passage without thinking of the hundreds of homophobes who quoted it as definitive proof that anti-discrimination laws shouldn't cover LGBT people in my city.

13. steel03

I know they use that passage wrongly, but there is truly no way to misinterpret it. ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Unalienable rights! LIBERTY. Pursuit of HAPPINESS. It is incredibly clear. I don't know How much longer I can live in a country with such hateful, hypocritical fear-mongers in power.

14. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

What a fool.

15. Emberstone

well, the constitution means nothing to them, except for their belief the their freedom of religion is unlimited, and trumps the right of everyone, including real christians, not fake christians such as themselves.

16. steel03

The Constitution means everything to them, they just have no sense of what it means. They fight for what they believe to be the ideals of the Constitution, which would be admirable if their idea wasn't so fun of things the Constitution rejects. (But that quote is actually from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.)

17. Shevanel

[​IMG]

18. redstormrising

don't give our founding fathers *too* much credit. remember that when the constitution was written, women couldn't vote, and slavery was expressly contemplated for in the constitution (3/5ths compromise, anyone?). the beauty of the constitution, though, is that it is a living document and its interpretation can and does evolve with the times. for example, the Fourteenth Amendment was really written with the purpose of protecting newly-emancipated slaves, but today it has been interpreted to protect all sorts of groups and rights that were never originally contemplated - including forming the basis for the court decision striking down proposition 8 in california.

19. Emberstone

doesnt really matter, as it is the constitution that governs the land, and while they dont like the ideals america was really founded on, it is the constitution that governs us, not fundie whack jobs like diaz, with his fetish for hate and violent language.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Svwm_k9hYk[/youtube]