1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married Lesbian Couple Rescued 40 Teens from Norway Massacre

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ridiculous, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Ridiculous

Married Lesbian Couple Rescued 40 Teens from Norway Massacre - Band of Thebes

Unfortunately I (and going by the comments, most others) haven't seen anything about them in the media apart from on LGBT websites.

2. Miss Bubbles

nope they werent mentioned at all because i watched the breaking news broadcast people just said the teens got away but they didnt say how.

3. Ridiculous

There was one reported here in NZ that saved 16 people I think, but no mention of these two at all.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go figure -_- but same time, what amazing heroes :slight_smile:

5. Emberstone

sad that no one outside the LGBT community is acknowlingly this...

I am avoiding all the comment sections on stories about the norway attacks now because it is filled with white supremecy talk, anti-semitisem, and billigerent redneck shitfuckers who dont give a crap that people are dead, and that it is a dishoner to their memory to claim obama and his seceret anti-white person army sent the terrorist, and whatever other blatentively offensive crap people are spewing.

I would hte to see what kind of comments a story like this would get if it went main stream.

6. Bibliophile

I just sent the story to a local news station. I am hoping to get it picked up but I am not counting on it.

7. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Never underestimate the power of the lesbians! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In all seriousness though, phrases like that should only be used with friends and not in a serious article. I completely understand how mentioning their sexuality is important and I'm all for it, but they need to start doing so in a way that doesn't give their sexuality credit for their actions.

Might seem insignificant, but if its not done correctly then when an LGBT person does something wrong then the article will read "Did the woman save the old guy? No, she was a lesbian!"

Granted its more of a blog rather than a news site, but its what came to my mind.

9. Shevanel

I think this line is rather horrible. It's great that they're noble, but them being lesbians really doesn't have to do with anything. I mean, sure it's mentionable, but it's not the reason why they "sped toward the slaughter"

Quite a silly line for a serious event.

10. Mr.Pushover

That made my life.

11. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

It's sad how the media completely failed to acknowledge what they did, and the lives they saved.
    It's just pure ignorance really... :dry:

And I agree with Shevanel, I don't think the fact that their lesbians is relevant at all to what they did, though it's probably why they weren't mentioned in the news :icon_sad:

12. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    These two are heroes. It's nice to read stories like this amongst all the other horror stories from that day :frowning2:

13. redstormrising

that is pretty darn awesome

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I told my friend, "since we're apparently not supposed to say that the guy who slaughtered the people was a Christian, I'm just going to go ahead and assume we're not supposed to say the women who rescued these kids are lesbians."

Lex

15. Emberstone

that annoys me. the man openly professes his christian faith as a reason why he did what he did... we shouldnt try to sugercoat or protect him, because that is what the 'you cant say he is a christian... you can't say he is a right wingers (though he professes it, and his ideaology fits the bill, even though he takes it to violent extremes)... and you cant say he is islamaphobic (even though it is a outspoken reason for why he did it)'.

I think it is sad that people will hide the contributions of people who saves lives amid terrible tragedy because it would offend the sensibilities of homophobic people.

16. Ridiculous

Well if it's any consolation, New Zealand media took great relish in saying he was a fundamentalist Christian, right-winger.

17. Emberstone

this just reminds me of the groups trying to repeal the bill in california that allows and promotes schools talking about the contribution LGBT people have made to society, science, and art

Some people are so determined to make sure such contributions are hidden from society so they can go on pretending LGBT dont matter.