1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolly Parton Apologizes for Gay T-Shirt Incident at Dollywood Splash Country

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music...zes-for-gay-t-shirt-incident-at-dollywoo.html

2. Katelynn

Hopefully Miss Parton reviews this incident & in her reply apologizes for that experience. I also hope she tries to implement policies that are more inclusive to LGBT people and their families as well!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She wrote a really sincere apology and released it as a public statement:

Considering that she chose to make that statement *after* the corporate spokespeople for Dollywood had already made a statement, I think it's clear she chose to personally involve herself in that issue, and my suspicion is that changes will be made in policy as a result.

Dolly is an incredibly classy, genuinely loving person. Unlike many other celebrities, you simply don't find anyone talking trash about her, most likely because she really is the person you see in her persona.

4. Katelynn

I've always seen & though very highly of Dolly, so I was a little surprised to see this in the news. And Chip, you're totally right, this lady is a class act all the way, she always has been!

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always loved Dolly. <3. And now her "niece" from Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus has showed support for gay marriage with her new tattoo of the equal sign. It may be small but it's still there. I really truly do love Hollywood. So many of them support us, and it seems in many cases its not just to keep from losing their friends. They truly want to be there for us.