1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perry backs a constitutional limit on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-07-30-rick-perry-presidential-race-2012_n.htm

2. Emberstone

the constitution is suposed to protect the rights of free citizens, not limit them because some people have a problem with the idea that the constitution does not declare christanity 'king of america' status.

3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So states have the right to decide social issues... just not that specific social issue?

Before reading the article, I thought they were talking about term limits for marriage...

4. Emberstone

well, jesus did warn us false prophets will come, and they will condem the gullible to hell.

5. Hot Pink

You can't say that you support a state's right to make its own decision, but then say you would block any state's decision that you disagree with in the same thought. This really shows the republicans' true face.

They say they don't support big government, but everything that they say and pass says that they do. They want government to be so powerful that it can invade the privacy of our homes and even say what we can or can't do with our partners.

6. Mogget

The GOP wants to shrink government down so it's small enough to fit in your bedroom.

7. Emberstone

GOP doesnt shrink goverment, it corrupts it, and often expands it with a emphasis on placing a greater burden on the working class. never listen to a conservative saying they want to shrink goverment, or limit goverments power, because as perry is saying we should do, he is trying to have it both way, but shrinking goverment's powers is less important than useing goverment to impose narrow minded religious dogma.

the republicans grew goverment like no ones business the last time they controlled all three branches. now that they dont, they are trying to cut all the programs that make sure the traditional supporters of the democrats (the working class) suffer so they can make it easier for a republican to beat him. Where were all the cuts when they were doubling the national debt, massively increasing spending, and overly and immorally slashing revenue?

When a GOP'er exclaims 'small goverment', it is the same as 'create jobs'... two things republicans historically do not actually do.

8. RedState

First of all, I have complained numerous times how the "Republicans" have been worthless over the past few years when it came to fiscal policy...but to listen to you lay the entire deficit problem on the heels of the Republicans is a lot like Adolf Hitler saying: "Jews? What Jews? I don't know what you're talking about"

I mean, good Lord, you even have Democrats on Capitol Hill openly comparing The President to Jimmy Carter.

From 2000 to 2006 the annualized debt rose by $6 trillion...a horrible and embarrassing figure.

From 2008-2010...it rose by close to $4 trillion...an increase more than any first term President in the history of our nation...and arguably one of the worst first term fiscal records in history...and yet, they say they need more. What is even more disturbing is that our debt to GDP ratio is now approaching 100%...and the total unfunded liabilities (which no one talks about but are just as important) grew at an astounding rate during 2006-2010 to where it is roughly $60 trillion.

Gee, kinda make you nostalgic for that 5.5% average unemployment rate under G.W. Bush doesn't it?

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy is contradicting himself up the yahoo.

In other news

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC1a8xXQQDo&feature=related[/youtube]

10. ANightDude

Lmao Rick Perry. I want him to run for president, just so he won't be governor anymore. He honestly, honestly really sucks on things that actually matter (i.e. Health Care, Education, etc.)

11. ezkill

Did you know that, according to the media anyways, Apple Inc. has more cash than the U.S. Treasury does on hand? Now THAT is scary.

Also, Perry seems to be contradicting himself. Essentially this is what he is saying:

Perry: Oh... yeah... States' rights... I support that; but if they use their rights to do something I am personally not okay with, I'll just change the constitution. After all, the constitution is a living document and the founding fathers intended for us to abuse it!

12. FJ Cruiser

God I hate Perry so much... He is everything that is wrong with a politician. I proudly voted against him last year.

13. Emberstone

if it was constitutionally allowable to ban facisem... oh, how america would finally return to greatness... but till then, we have to deal with the far right.

14. Hitchhiker

Ok, homophobia aside; the federal government doesn't have the power to limit marriage. That's for the states! It says so in the Constitution. :/

15. Emberstone

any political figure that advocates for the limitation of rights has problems... doesnt matter if it is marriage rights, voter rights(republicans are doing every dirty trick they can right now to try to do that in many states), or gun rights.