1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 lesbians attacked; police refuse to take report

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2011/08/05/5-lesbians-attacked-police-refuse-to-take-report/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ridiculous...

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's crazy... I mean come on that's an obvious crime.

5. :eusa_doh:
    Unacceptable. Seven cops, not ONE had a problem with any of this bullsh*t?

6. Katelynn

Excuse me? What in the hell!?! Since when do are the cops permitted to ignore an obvious assault on people? I hope to God that one or more of the victims has gotten those officers badge #s & ID so that proper charges or reprimands can be brought against them. When the law officers that are supposedly supposed to protect people start ignoring the law, then it's going to be a short amount of time before the officers themselves are the ones breaking the law, if not already...

This disgusts me, not just that the victims are gay, but that anyone could have been a victim & since homophobic slurs were used, the victims are ignored. If one of these ladies were related to a politician in anyway, I guarantee you this would be a top story on CNN & these cops would be SOL on keeping their jobs. really I hope an example is made of these sorry excuses for police officers...

7. musicalfingers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll tell you what, that kind of Sh*t doesn't happen in Australia. If the police officers in question did that here they would be howled down in the media and the police minister and chief commissioner would demolished for months to come. It would be the last act they made wearing the police uniform here. I'm grateful I live in a small wealthy country with a rigorous media so that people like them are held to account and I hope those moronic bigots, not fit for the brass on thier badges are held to account for thier complete lack of regard to thier duty of care.

8. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

well if sarah palin becomes president, that'll be the kicker- Australia, here i come!

9. redstormrising

that is kind of terrifying.

10. Katelynn

Oh hon, I know there are some people who like Sarah Palin, & I'll admit, with her hair done up that way & her glasses the way she wears them I, at times, find her a little cute, but there's no way she'll end up president. I'm sorry, but between a choice of Sarah, a person who opens her mouth & occaisionally says some pretty ignorant, uneducated things (not always tho, I'll admit, with the bad does come a couple of good ideas every now & then) and Barack, who speaks fairly eloquently & who I can't honestly remember the last time he said something blatantly offensive or ignorant as an attempt to get votes, I think the voting public will go with the educated guy running things now. Plus, Obama got Bin Laden. Sorry, but when it comes down to it, this guy got the job done when the Republican that preceded him really didn't even seem to be looking for him that hard. There are those who will say the gov't is lying, but not this gal. Obama for the win!

Sorry to go off topic there folks...

11. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hopefully, the assailants and the officers will be arrested.

I wish could say more, but words can't describe how sick this makes me.

12. Mogget

The officers didn't break any laws by not arresting them, so they won't be arrested, but they may get a reprimand. I wouldn't count on it though.

13. Bibliophile

I hate to say this but police dont HAVE to do anything to protect you. I have said and linked the proof before on this matter. What these officers did was morally wrong but not against the law. Legally they dont have to do anything. This is why I am a big fan of people learning to protect themselves. It doesnt make what happened right but these poor women seem like they might have been better off with a self defense class then that 911 call.

14. Katelynn

The irony of that is that if these ladies had beaten the hell out of these homophobic morons, they would have probably have been arrested by those same officers & charged with committing a crime. What a wonderfully hypocritcal system that it can be sometimes...

15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how come they don't have to do anything? they don't have an oath or anything like a doctor?

16. Bibliophile

Sadly you are right. At least from these cops attitude it seems that what you said would be the likely outcome.

Austin
    Warren v. District of Columbia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That verdict is why they dont have to do anything. Heck they dont even have to show up if called.

17. XXReye

I'm happy that the officers involved are at least being investigated. Based on what I've seen in the past, there's a large chance nothing will come of it. But one can always hope, right?
    I hope they find the guys who attacked those women, and that justice is served.

18. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this is very sad, and Sarah wont even get the primary votes to run for president (if she even decides to run) republicans mostly know that if they run her they lose.

19. haelmarie

#19 haelmarie, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  20. cdstephany

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Umm.. I may be wrong here but if someone was physically attacked wouldnt that be assault and the victom could press charges? There are witnesses. If it were me then Id be talking to a lawyer. But thats just my 0.02¢