1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ann Coulter to Serve as Honorary Chair of GOProud’s Advisory Council

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.goproud.org/ann-coulter-to-serve-as-honorary-chair-of-goproud’s-advisory-council/

2. Emberstone

Couldnt get Klaus Barbie, so they went with the next closest thing?

also, what is this bullshit about GOProud being the only oreganization for gay conservatives and their allies? Log Cabin Republicans have existed far longer, and they actually do have allies.

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I really hate this witch, and I can't help but feel like GOProud are a bunch of masochists. Coulter does not support LGBT rights in ANY capacity, and this seriously just blows my mind. I can't help but imagine that her advice is going to be something like; "Give it up, you're a bunch of sexual deviants on your way to hell!" and GOProud is going to bleat about how happy they are to have her. It's crazy.

4. Emberstone

GOProud is a group that supports homophobic policies and politicians, so no one should really be all that surprised.

5. RedState

Good news!
    I love Ann Coulter...I think she's great.

#5 RedState, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i find this entire thing confusing, ann coulter makes me laugh but this is kind of weird, mabye GOProuds boss has a crush on her or something?

7. ezkill

I am not fully familiar with GOProud -- in fact, I have never heard of them until today. Do you mind giving a brief mention of which homophobic policies they explicitly support?

On a side note, I am sort of fascinated with the fact that Ann Coulter would join GOProud. She would be the last person on my mind to do such a thing; then again, I haven't paid attention to her in a long, long time.

8. maverick

I'm still waiting for Ann Coulter to come out as a man. :lol:

9. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1wCRCpC3w8[/YOUTUBE]

Gay Icon????? What the Fwuack.

Judy Shepard is a gay Icon
    Patrick Murphy is a gay Icon
    Dan Choi is a gay Icon
    Ben Cohen is a gay Icon
    Dan Savage is a gay Icon

They are really out of the loop when it comes to gay rights, as always, but I get it. There are no real gay rights Icons who are republicans/conservatives who would help them with both their policies and gay-rights advocating within the republican party. They get to set the ground for gay conservative icons who have experience in advocating and planning for their causes, even if that icon kinda doesn't really agree with them...?

#9 MyDecember, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  10. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She might as well start a Megachurch, she uses the same "logic" and rhetoric common in their sermons.

11. Emberstone

they support openly homophobic politicians, and have denounced conservatives like fred karger for supporting marriage equality. They also have taken to towing homophobic party lines on issues such as anti-bullying efforts, mocking gay politicians using homophobic stereotypes, and have basically in the last year consistantly abandoned matters dealing with protecting LGBT from discrimination. about the only thing they still support is the repeal of DADT.

12. Mogget

As was stated in another thread, GOProud's mission statements says absolutely nothing about supporting gay rights. Which, though RedState disagrees, I think is completely bizarre for an organization composed of gay people.

13. Emberstone

GOProud is basically about trying to create the illusion that the republican party is gay friendly.

14. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't forget, they campaigned against Patrick Murphy. They really didn't care about DADT in the first place. Log Cabin Republicans help endorse and fund (D)-Patrick Murphy's opponent (R)-Mike Fitzgerald, and GOProud stood by did nothing and campaigned in Fitzgerald's favor after the election like nothing ever happen. Their strategy is to gain the favor of the few GOP members that will listen to them in hopes to change their minds. That's a great plan in the real world but in politics, it's just plain dumb.

15. RedState

Not to start that argument up again, but I do disagree. Where is it in the gay instruction manual does it say when a bunch of gay people form a group they have to only advocate gay issues? Just saying.

As I have said many times before: some people think (yes even gays) that there are more pressing issues out there right now than those the gay community prioritizes, that's all.

16. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    but im gay friendly :lol:

17. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The difference here being that, while it would be fine if it really was simply that their focus was elsewhere, they don't even support the idea of gay marriage or anything to further equality.

18. Emberstone

a group of gay people who form a group then go out of their way to support the people who are staunchly anti-gay...

dont put the gun in the hand of the person who wants you gone.

They have made it there groups mission, based on their actions, to support those who promote hatred and violence against american citizens who are LGBT.

it basically would be like a jew being pro-anti semitisem or a african american being pro-slavery.

I have been trying, but have yet to find GOProud ever supporting with the same passion and fiancial fervor a fiscal conservative who is not pro-homophobia/pro-bigottry that they do for the ones who are deeply homophobic.