1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Anti-gay lawmaker, Another hypocrite

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by MyDecember, Aug 12, 2011.

1. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Article found here
    Pretty interesting story

#1 MyDecember, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

3. Emberstone

a homophobic homosexual... whodathunkit?

4. Connor22

tehehehe sugga daddy

5. Eric

He was asking for it. There's really no other way to explain this. He used his public email address and even told Gibson he was a state representative. This goes beyond reckless. He knew he was gonna get caught.

6. elliebear

maybe that was his way of coming out...?

7. maverick

I'm starting to think every anti-gay legislator is a closeted queer.

Seriously.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You just ruined me" that says it all. Did he REALLY believe he wouldn't be ruined after all the previous politicians' careers being ruined for the same thing?!

9. Emberstone

What is with politicians and craigslist sex?

Proof that you do not have to have a brain to be one.

10. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

another hypocrite *sigh*

11. Zontar

Well, keep in mind, they are still allegations. He described it as a "shakedown"; we can't rule out if he's simply being extorted.

This is enough of a cliche that I exercise caution in believing them until I hear more on the story. For example, I don't really believe Larry Craig ever solicited sex...there is a sort of "gotcha" witchhunt going on against Republicans.

12. Emberstone

what about the fact that no only did larry craig confess to the police that he was guilty in seeking sex in the airport bathroom, but that the police also had a taped confession from him verifying it.

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it was really a shakedown, Kameryn would have taken the $10k that Phil's wife offered to pay him and we wouldn't be hearing about this at all. The emails can be verified, the hotel can show record that he booked the room.

It does kinda seem like he wanted to get caught so he can finally end his hiding. He spent too many years hiding and finally wants to experience his true sexuality before he's dead. I hope he can be happy once this is all over.

14. Emberstone

exactly. his actions are not the ones that can be questioned here because all the evidence is there that he did the craiglist thing, then books the hotel as the poster above noted.

there is no witch hunt going on. It is so interesting that the hypocritical right wing who is so deeply homophobic always has people claiming it is all some witchhunt when they get caught fulfilling their gay needs. it is sad that they feel the need to live a lie in the first place, but there is more to this than just the gay side.

here is someone who no doubt touts their family values, then turns around and solicites sex with strangers over the internet...

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Because that hasn't been the case with thousands of closeted gay people in the past.

These people are still people. Yeah, its horrible what they did, but they are doing what they could with their lives. They are still the same victims of the same homophobia that you and I had to grow up with. Just be glad that you were lucky enough to find support earlier in life than this guy.

I know its easy to blame them for what they did, and I'm also guilty of doing it, but we have to understand that most people do things like these because they are trying to survive with what life throws at them. That's it.

16. knight of ni

I saw this article and just laughed. How many times is this sort of thing going to happen? At least he hasn't trotted out a pathetic excuse about a "wide stance" or hiring someone to "carry his luggage", which is, honestly, one of the best euphemisms I'd heard in a while!

17. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so many gay republicans, what to do with them all 'sigh'

i do have to wonder it must be getting to the point where there are more gay republican representatives to strait ones than the general population, wish they could have just dealt with being gay instead of doing inexplicably weird crap.

18. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, his playing straight is partly due to the homophobic environment especially when he was a young man, but plenty of other gay people of his generation were able to come out. Also, some people realize their sexuality late, but I doubt he just realized it in the past few months. So assuming he knew of his sexuality for 10 years, let's say, and he didn't want to come out, that's his choice. The problem, however, is that he supported anti-gay legislation while being gay himself. A guy can be closeted due to fear and all the homophobic crap, but he shouldn't work to pass discriminatory laws to create more cover for yourself. That's just selfish and hypocritical. As mentioned previously, he was one of the "family values" type politicians so cheating on your wife is hypocritical too. If you're really "family values" honor your marriage or get a divorce before you fool around. I know, easier said than done.

19. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    self-loathing was probably mixed in too, which would help explain being anti-gay while being gay. (not excuse it just explain it) what he really needs is therapy to get over his own issues.