1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexual zebra finches form long-term bond

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by British Lad, Aug 15, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

BBC Nature - Homosexual zebra finches form long-term bond

2. maverick

Can we get a DUH on the legitimacy of long-term homo relations?

It amazes me that people pull the "homosexuality is unnatural" card when there are gay animals everywhere.

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend had two male cats who where *more than friends* shall we say...

She also had a female cat at the same time... spaying was unnecessary

4. Leif

You just kinda have to shake your head at the rest of the would and laugh. When will they learn that it's completely normal? Oh people...
    Also, @Concretehands my boyfriend has two cats that are the same way. There are other female cats in the house but they stick with each other. It's cute, one cat will start making these pathetic sounding mewing sounds and the other will run from where ever in the house he is to be with him.

5. Noir

Everywhere I look, it seems like the homosexual relationships almost always outlast the heterosexual ones. I think it's more genuine because it's more risky and difficult to sustain than a hetero couple, so there's more effort put into it.

6. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your view is clouded by a bit of comfirmation bias, I suspect. I haven't noticed any difference in how long they last.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell my own parents got a divorce when I was young. I mean now my mom and step-dad are really happy together :slight_smile: But yeah even I've experienced divorce.

8. maverick

My two tomcats are big gay lovers and always have been, ever since I brought the younger one home. Even my dad jokes about the cats being queer, and he was never one to make gay jokes growing up.

And yes, we have a female cat in the house as well. They both hate her. :lol:

I've had the opposite experience - it seems to me like in contrast to the straights, the gays I've known couldn't hold down a relationship longer than a month at a time. I'm not trying to generalize, this is just based on my personal experience (just with gay guys, mind you - I don't know any lesbians...).

Seems to me that the gay guys I've known have had problems committing to their relationships because they are either straight-up not interested in a monogamous relationship even when playing at one (which leads to broken hearts and draaaaaaaaaaaaaaama) or they are so self-loathing about being gay that it holds them back from forming a mature, intimate, long-term relationship.

#8 maverick, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People amuse me. I love how they use anything as a way of saying gays are unnatural. They even debunk this shit...